Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse

Kaz Paszki

I'm running AVG7 free edition in XP and am now getting the following message
on an
intermittent basis:

Virus Detected!
While opening file C:\Windows\System32\PPTP32.DLL
Trojan horse BackDoor Generic2JGV

I haven't got PPTP32.DLL on my computer - even checking for system and
hidden files.
I'm normally quite careful about avoiding spam, but I think I clicked on one
out of curiosity - can't remember which one now!

Please help

Kaz

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Kaz Paszki wrote:
> I'm running AVG7 free edition in XP and am now getting the following message
> on an
> intermittent basis:
>
> Virus Detected!
> While opening file C:\Windows\System32\PPTP32.DLL
> Trojan horse BackDoor Generic2JGV
>
> I haven't got PPTP32.DLL on my computer - even checking for system and
> hidden files.
> I'm normally quite careful about avoiding spam, but I think I clicked on one
> out of curiosity - can't remember which one now!
>
> Please help
>
> Kaz

Here's where a German website urged a guy with the same problem to post
a HiJackThis log and they found where that dll is being called on
Windows logon:
http://tinyurl.com/qvgqt
The auto-translation leaves a little to be desired, but if you post a
HJT log to one of the expert forums or even this group, you could
probably get help.

Plato

Kaz Paszki wrote:

> I'm running AVG7 free edition in XP and am now getting the following message
> on an
> intermittent basis:
>
> Virus Detected!
> While opening file C:\Windows\System32\PPTP32.DLL
> Trojan horse BackDoor Generic2JGV
>
> I haven't got PPTP32.DLL on my computer - even checking for system and
> hidden files.

Often viruses name files on the fly to run, so that file may NOT be on
your pc. Tho, the file(s) that are creating it are. So, run your
antivirus programs from safe mode and see if you can can it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Trojan Horse in javaw.exe? Ken Java 3 01-27-2005 12:46 PM
Trojan Horse Jim Chapman Computer Support 1 08-15-2003 06:26 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus PhilGreg Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 11:30 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus bb3 Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 09:56 PM
Trojan Horse cannot be put in vault by AVG free version Jim Chapman Computer Support 1 08-07-2003 10:41 PM

Advertisments