Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I restore the display properties icon to the systray in Win2k?

How do I restore the display properties icon to the systray in Win2k?

nospam@nospam.net.org.com

The display properties icon used to be in my Windows 2000 system tray
and it seemingly just disappeared. Thought it would be simple to
restore it and I can't find any information about how. Suggestions,
please.

p-nut

> The display properties icon used to be in my Windows 2000 system tray
> and it seemingly just disappeared. Thought it would be simple to
> restore it and I can't find any information about how. Suggestions,
> please.

Control Panel > Display
There should be a setting within it for your sound card to display in the
tray.

nospam@nospam.net.org.com

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 04:08:01 GMT, "p-nut" <i_don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> The display properties icon used to be in my Windows 2000 system tray
>> and it seemingly just disappeared. Thought it would be simple to
>> restore it and I can't find any information about how. Suggestions,
>> please.

>Control Panel > Display
>There should be a setting within it for your sound card to display in the
>tray.

My sound card does display in the tray. I'm talking about the display
properties, the settings adjustable from either control panels >
display or from right clicking on the desktop and picking properties.
There was an icon for that in the system tray (I think it looked like
a monitor, but I forget now) and it's disappeared in the last week.

Somewhere I've read that by going display properties > settings >
advanced I can find something to make the display properties show up
in the system tray, but I don't see that on my machine. Again, this
is Windows 2000.

My graphics card is an Intel 82810E and I've read that the driver
manufacturer might have a way of restoring this icon. Can't find out
how though, and I'd think that restoring a simple icon that had been
there for years would be a lot easier than that.

Battery status icon missing from systray (Win98SE) David Computer Support 3 07-12-2005 01:23 AM
SP2 causes SysTray icon context menus to persist Mike Computer Support 0 02-25-2005 06:50 AM
Systray Icon skidaddy Computer Support 5 05-19-2004 02:52 AM
Systray Icon? Danny Rohr Firefox 0 11-27-2003 09:40 PM

Advertisments