Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is there a way ....

Is there a way ....

Gus

.....To capture an animated picture on the monitor and play it on a DVD
player. I have a DVD R so I'm able to record DVDs. I sure don't want to use
a Digital Video Camera to do this ... the quality would suffer too much. Any
help would be gratefully received. TIA

Tony

"Gus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ....To capture an animated picture on the monitor and play it on a DVD
> player. I have a DVD R so I'm able to record DVDs. I sure don't want to
> use
> a Digital Video Camera to do this ... the quality would suffer too much.
> Any
> help would be gratefully received. TIA

Capture it from where?

PC

"Gus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ....To capture an animated picture on the monitor and play it on a DVD
> player. I have a DVD R so I'm able to record DVDs. I sure don't want to
> use
> a Digital Video Camera to do this ... the quality would suffer too much.
> Any
> help would be gratefully received. TIA

Gus

Depends on what the "animated picture" is, AVI, MPEG.... and what it's
origin is, off the Web, email attachment....

Paul.

no_fancy_name

do a google for a program called camstudio and read what you need.

"Gus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ....To capture an animated picture on the monitor and play it on a DVD
> player. I have a DVD R so I'm able to record DVDs. I sure don't want to

use
> a Digital Video Camera to do this ... the quality would suffer too much.

Any
> help would be gratefully received. TIA

Gus

Thanks for the inputs. I should have mentioned that the files are Shockwave
files.