Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help to fiind a TV show name ...

Help to fiind a TV show name ...

me

I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)

Here goes.....
> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )
> Guy ,works at the IRS, gets a fax and it looks like its worth
> investigating
> goes to the town, which is in the name of the title of the
> show............"Leaving...(then the name of the town)"
> Turns out that its a cia set up town to launder money from gambling etc...
> he's onto it and they keep telling him to leave but the car breaks down
> and
> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...
> Can't find anything on the net but am not a good searcher....
> D'you know anything, could find anything.
> would love to see it again but , don't know the name.......
> Help me out ! many thanks in advance.

Blinky the Shark

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:08:17 -0800, me wrote:

> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
>

> Here goes.....
>> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
>> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )
>> Guy ,works at the IRS, gets a fax and it looks like its worth
>> investigating
>> goes to the town, which is in the name of the title of the
>> show............"Leaving...(then the name of the town)"
>> Turns out that its a cia set up town to launder money from gambling etc...
>> he's onto it and they keep telling him to leave but the car breaks down
>> and
>> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...
>> Can't find anything on the net but am not a good searcher....
>> D'you know anything, could find anything.
>> would love to see it again but , don't know the name.......
>> Help me out ! many thanks in advance.

If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
made-for-TV movie?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

me

news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:08:17 -0800, me wrote:
>
>> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
>> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
>>

>> Here goes.....
>>> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
>>> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )
>>> Guy ,works at the IRS, gets a fax and it looks like its worth
>>> investigating
>>> goes to the town, which is in the name of the title of the
>>> show............"Leaving...(then the name of the town)"
>>> Turns out that its a cia set up town to launder money from gambling
>>> etc...
>>> he's onto it and they keep telling him to leave but the car breaks down
>>> and
>>> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...
>>> Can't find anything on the net but am not a good searcher....
>>> D'you know anything, could find anything.
>>> would love to see it again but , don't know the name.......
>>> Help me out ! many thanks in advance.

> If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
> made-for-TV movie?

I thik he meant it was a series,but that was one particular episode within
it.

Blinky the Shark

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:34:07 -0800, me wrote:

> news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...
>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:08:17 -0800, me wrote:
>>
>>> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
>>> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
>>>

>>> Here goes.....

>> If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
>> made-for-TV movie?

> I thik he meant it was a series,but that was one particular episode within
> it.

Then that's gonna be a tough one, methinks.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

me

news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:34:07 -0800, me wrote:
>

>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...

>>> If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
>>> made-for-TV movie?

>> I thik he meant it was a series,but that was one particular episode
>> within
>> it.

> Then that's gonna be a tough one, methinks.

Yeah thats what i told him,with the amount of shows out these days !!

MaryD

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%XHLf.564$fL3.333@fed1read01...
> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
>

> Here goes.....
>> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
>> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )

Leaving LA? That was macabre, but I don' recognise this episode.

Joe

Push, Nevada is the name of it.

Push, Nevada [21:00, Sci-Fi] is a very peculiar new series. An IRS
taxman received a misdirected fax, which led him to this gambling town
to check out fraud. The shifty accountant denied everything, everyone
in the town behaves peculiarly, the whole place is under visual and
sound surveillance by a shadowy corporation, which turned the town's
fortunes around. And at the end, the accountant was wiped out and his
house was burned down by a masked man, who told the IRS bloke to leave
town if he knew what was good for him. But right at the end, he turned
around and headed back to Push, Nevada.

nancy13g@verizon.net

Joe wrote:
> Push, Nevada is the name of it.

Wow, Joe, it's amazing that you figured that out from the limited
amount of information provided. I searched IMDB as best I could but
(since I was looking for shows with the word "Leaving" in them) I
couldn't find a thing.

How did you manage to find it?

Joe

Googled using this "tv series about irs town cia setup " and it was
listed 4th down on first page.

me

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Push, Nevada is the name of it.
>
> Push, Nevada [21:00, Sci-Fi] is a very peculiar new series. An IRS
> taxman received a misdirected fax, which led him to this gambling town
> to check out fraud. The shifty accountant denied everything, everyone
> in the town behaves peculiarly, the whole place is under visual and
> sound surveillance by a shadowy corporation, which turned the town's
> fortunes around. And at the end, the accountant was wiped out and his
> house was burned down by a masked man, who told the IRS bloke to leave
> town if he knew what was good for him. But right at the end, he turned
> around and headed back to Push, Nevada.

Thanks for that Joe,I will pass that info along and see if it is the one he
was looking for,which,by the sound of it,should be !!

cheers