Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Superseded LAN/MAN standards

Superseded LAN/MAN standards

Borkin

Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
appropriate for this query?

Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering
Documents, but they don't have these standards.

Can anybody out there help me find these?

Thanks for reading

Ann Borkin
Associate Librarian
Thelen Reid & Priest LLP

Trax

"Borkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
|>appropriate for this query?
|>
|>Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
|>IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
|>Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
|>superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
|>Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering
|>Documents, but they don't have these standards.
|>
|>Can anybody out there help me find these?

Check out your local library - reference section; (for a PRE 1998 IEEE
standards)

--
Chemistry Experiment Videos
http://jchemed.chem.wisc.edu/jcesoft...0/sampmovs.htm

why?

On 24 Feb 2006 09:19:40 -0800, Borkin wrote:

>Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
>appropriate for this query?
>
>Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
>IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
>Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
>superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
>Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering

A big firm like that can't afford it? Add the cost to some clients bill.

Try
comp.dcom.wan
comp.dcom.lan
although they are low use groups and may be a lot of spam/junk.

A much busier group is,
comp.dcom.lan.ethernet
(although it a bit off topic)

>Documents, but they don't have these standards.
>
>Can anybody out there help me find these?

You seem to have lots of issue getting technolology standards docs.

BTW my fee for this assistance is USD $ 50,000.

Precursors to DVD
.... I'll be grateful for any leads. Ann Borkin Associate Librarian
Thelen Reid & Priest
LLP 415-369-7093 (E-Mail Removed) Have you tried eBay? ...
Feb 22 2005, 11:10 pm by SgtMinor - 3 messages - 2 authors

Superseded LAN/MAN standards
.... Can anybody out there help me find these? Thanks for reading Ann
Borkin Associate
Librarian Thelen Reid & Priest LLP 415-369-7093 (E-Mail Removed)
Feb 24, 5:19 pm by Borkin - 2 messages - 2 authors

?? White Book v. 1.1 ??
.... people to contact, sources to try . . . Thanks for reading Ann
Borkin
Associate Librarian Thelen Reid & Priest LLP 415-369-7093
Dec 29 2004, 8:08 pm by Noel Paton - 6 messages - 3 authors

MMCD and SD
.... been able to get these specs. I'll be grateful for any leads. Ann
Borkin
Associate Librarian Thelen Reid & Priest LLP 415-369-7093
Feb 18 2005, 10:50 pm by Borkin - 1 message - 1 author

>Thanks for reading
>
>Ann Borkin
>Associate Librarian
>Thelen Reid & Priest LLP
>415-369-7093
>(E-Mail Removed)

Me

old jon

"Borkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
> appropriate for this query?
>
> Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
> IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
> Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
> superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
> Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering
> Documents, but they don't have these standards.
>
> Can anybody out there help me find these?
>
> Thanks for reading

I did a Google for `Pre 1998 IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area
Networks`
There`s lots to go at Anne.

--
bw..OJ

Borkin

Thanks, Why/Me . I'll post to the groups you suggest.

Ann

superseded by c++? alansnow@hotmail.no.spam C Programming 49 01-22-2008 09:43 PM
Nikon D3 to be soon superseded by Nikon D4 George Orwell Digital Photography 20 01-13-2008 05:41 PM
Tiscali overcharging for superseded services ajmerphull@gmail.com Computer Information 5 10-02-2005 01:55 AM
coding standards Jim Culver ASP .Net 4 09-18-2003 02:59 AM
coding standards shbgupta ASP .Net 2 06-27-2003 08:48 AM

Advertisments