Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Is it better to use ASUS WiFi Network Setup software or WinXP SP2's

Is it better to use ASUS WiFi Network Setup software or WinXP SP2's

Tom

I have ASUS WiFI PCI and USB adapters. Both come with similar setup
software.
In the setup it recommends to not use the Windows XP software. Is this the
best way to go?

Jack

Yeah you better of using what came with the Hardware.

What it means that the manufacturer (for what ever bizarre reasons of its
own) did not made the Hardware, as is, fully compatible with WZC.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have ASUS WiFI PCI and USB adapters. Both come with similar setup
> software.
> In the setup it recommends to not use the Windows XP software. Is this

the
> best way to go?

Tom

Thanks Jack, will do.

It was just that the MS information is based on (of course) their software,
where as the Asus manual is pretty thin on info.

Cheers,
Tom

"Jack" <www.ezlan.net> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah you better of using what came with the Hardware.
>

> What it means that the manufacturer (for what ever bizarre reasons of its
> own) did not made the Hardware, as is, fully compatible with WZC.
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have ASUS WiFI PCI and USB adapters. Both come with similar setup
>> software.
>> In the setup it recommends to not use the Windows XP software. Is this

> the
>> best way to go?

Carl DaVault [MSFT]

Actually, it doesn't mean it's necessarily "incompatible" with XP, but in
some cases vendors do provide extra features if you use the software that
matches the hardware.

You could try both and see which you like better, but don't run both at the
same time.

There's a checkbox in your adapter properties that can tell Windows not to
try and take control of the adapter. I'm sure the ASUS installation takes
control from Windows automatically or gives you instructions on how to do
it.

--
Standard Disclaimers -
and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

news:%23Lr2Eo%(E-Mail Removed)...