Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > no video signal?

no video signal?

Steve Charlton

just been giving my mates PC to look at and although it seems like powere is
getting to everything, there is no video signal going to the monitor at all.
does this mean the intergrated graphics card on the motherboard is knackered
or could it be something else? and what options have i got to try and fix
it? new pci video card? new motherbaord? huh

thansk for any advice you guys can give me

GreenieLeBrun

Steve Charlton wrote:
> just been giving my mates PC to look at and although it seems like powere is
> getting to everything, there is no video signal going to the monitor at all.
> does this mean the intergrated graphics card on the motherboard is knackered
> or could it be something else? and what options have i got to try and fix
> it? new pci video card? new motherbaord? huh
>
> thansk for any advice you guys can give me

Assuming that you have tested the monitor on another machine and it is
working or you have used a known working monitor then trying a known
working video card (PCI or AGP whatever the MB can take) is the logical
next step.

John Holmes

Steve Charlton blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> just been giving my mates PC to look at and although it seems like
> powere is getting to everything, there is no video signal going to the
> monitor at all. does this mean the intergrated graphics card on the
> motherboard is knackered or could it be something else? and what
> options have i got to try and fix it? new pci video card? new
> motherbaord? huh

New computer.

> thansk for any advice you guys can give me

You're welcome.

--
Your mother was a comatose mud wrestler who lost her head underneath a
bus shelter.

Blinky the Shark

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:54:16 +0000, Steve Charlton wrote:

> just been giving my mates PC to look at and although it seems like powere is
> getting to everything, there is no video signal going to the monitor at all.
> does this mean the intergrated graphics card on the motherboard is knackered
> or could it be something else? and what options have i got to try and fix
> it? new pci video card? new motherbaord? huh

What have you tried, so far, that did not solve the issue?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Cassandra