Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > partial email addy?

partial email addy?

TNKEV

how can I find a way to complete this email addy "janwo34@" people
finders want a name and I can't get that.

this person is hacking a yahoo group that a friend moderates,he has
shutdown 1 group and started another in an attemt to lose the loser
but he keeps coming back and somehow hacking in and posting without
moderator approval, he is going to send me the IP address as soon as
he can get to a PC, but I would like this ______ to have an email
inbox that is overflowing I need the rest of his addy to feed to the
bots.the post to the group only shows the partial addy.

--

The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

TNKEV wrote:
> how can I find a way to complete this email addy "janwo34@" people
> finders want a name and I can't get that.
>
> this person is hacking a yahoo group that a friend moderates,he has
> shutdown 1 group and started another in an attemt to lose the loser
> but he keeps coming back and somehow hacking in and posting without
> moderator approval, he is going to send me the IP address as soon as
> he can get to a PC, but I would like this ______ to have an email
> inbox that is overflowing I need the rest of his addy to feed to the
> bots.the post to the group only shows the partial addy.

When you get his IP, report him to Yahoo. What you are planning will
more likely get you in trouble than cause him any discomfort.

Whiskers

On 2006-02-22, TNKEV <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> how can I find a way to complete this email addy "janwo34@" people
> finders want a name and I can't get that.
>
> this person is hacking a yahoo group that a friend moderates,he has
> shutdown 1 group and started another in an attemt to lose the loser
> but he keeps coming back and somehow hacking in and posting without
> moderator approval, he is going to send me the IP address as soon as
> he can get to a PC, but I would like this ______ to have an email
> inbox that is overflowing I need the rest of his addy to feed to the
> bots.the post to the group only shows the partial addy.

Even if that is a genuine email address that belongs to the trouble-maker
and is important to him (three unlikely possibilities, but you never know
....), trying to jam his inbox is not a good idea; it will certainly cause
problems for whoever is unfortunate enough to have to carry the emails
from your machine to wherever they end up - that includes your own ISP and
email service provider, of course, which is why you would probably be in
breach of their terms of service and be liable to having your own account
cancelled. Which would delight the troublemaker of course, and cost him
nothing.

Yahoo are responsible for keeping unwelcome visitors out of their web
forums/mailing lists; let them deal with it.

One of the advantages of proper usenet newsgroups, is that each person can
choose to 'block' any subject or person they don't want to see, by making
appropriate settings on their own software - and without anyone else
needing to know. That seems to be beyond the power of any web forum, at
least so far.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

TNKEV

Whiskers wrote:
> Even if that is a genuine email address that belongs to the

trouble-maker
> and is important to him (three unlikely possibilities, but you never

know
> ..., trying to jam his inbox is not a good idea; it will certainly

cause
> problems for whoever is unfortunate enough to have to carry the

emails
> from your machine to wherever they end up - that includes your own

ISP and
> email service provider

I would not be personally sending him mail, I plan to use his email to
invite spammers to
bomb the hell out of him, not one email would be sent from me.

>, of course, which is why you would probably be in
> breach of their terms of service and be liable to having your own

account
> cancelled.

not a soul would know I did it.

> Which would delight the troublemaker of course, and cost him
> nothing.
>
> Yahoo are responsible for keeping unwelcome visitors out of their

web
> forums/mailing lists; let them deal with it.

Yahoo is ignoring my friend and telling him to block the ISP addy, but
he has hacked in,
he has the IP blocked yet the guy can still post and has moderator
access, he has blocked IPs from
regular posters and kicked them from the group.
he even reported to my friends local police that he was selling drugs
and when the cops went to
his house he got ****ed and argued with the cops and got thrown in
jail for 4 months
for assault on a police officer. this is serious,the poo bag has gone
too far,and kicking the
crap out him hasn't worked,just makes him do more.

> One of the advantages of proper usenet newsgroups, is that each

person can
> choose to 'block' any subject or person they don't want to see, by

making
> appropriate settings on their own software - and without anyone else
> needing to know. That seems to be beyond the power of any web

forum, at
> least so far.

this is true, it is difficult to start a usenet newsgroup and they
don't want to take
over an unused group.

my friend set me up as a moderator today, so if he posts again I will
take care of him.
thanks for the reply and the advice.

--

The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/
Download some studio cuts from thier new CD "Making Love"
http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=272814
Join the group message board!
BnPs,trades,freebies and strangers stopping strangersjust to shake
thier hand!

Toolman Tim

In news:43fce234$0$49817$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net,
TNKEV spewed forth:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> Even if that is a genuine email address that belongs to the
>> trouble-maker and is important to him (three unlikely possibilities,
>> but you never know ..., trying to jam his inbox is not a good idea;
>> it will certainly cause problems for whoever is unfortunate enough
>> to have to carry the emails from your machine to wherever they end
>> up - that includes your own ISP and email service provider

> I would not be personally sending him mail, I plan to use his email to
> invite spammers to
> bomb the hell out of him, not one email would be sent from me.
>
>> , of course, which is why you would probably be in
>> breach of their terms of service and be liable to having your own
>> account cancelled.

> not a soul would know I did it.

Other than the fact that you've posted here in this international newsgroup
that you intend to...

Whiskers

On 2006-02-22, TNKEV <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

>> Yahoo are responsible for keeping unwelcome visitors out of their web
>> forums/mailing lists; let them deal with it.

> Yahoo is ignoring my friend and telling him to block the ISP addy, but
> he has hacked in,
> he has the IP blocked yet the guy can still post and has moderator
> access, he has blocked IPs from
> regular posters and kicked them from the group.
> he even reported to my friends local police that he was selling drugs
> and when the cops went to
> his house he got ****ed and argued with the cops and got thrown in
> jail for 4 months
> for assault on a police officer. this is serious,the poo bag has gone
> too far,and kicking the
> crap out him hasn't worked,just makes him do more.

Yahoo need to do more then; it is their system that is being breached,
apparently; if one malicious person can gain moderator status without
going through proper channels, in one group, then all Yahoo groups are
vulnerable to the same flaw in their system. If they can't help your
group, and take active steps to patch the security flaw, then your group
should move to a more competent web-forum system - or a real newsgroup.

Of course, they can't help if someone else in the group with management or
moderator status is letting the trouble-maker in, deliberately or
unwittingly. All such managers or moderators must make sure that their
own computers are not being accessed physically by anyone else who can see
their files, and are not being compromised by any key-logger or trojan or
other malware.

The laws of libel or slander would apply to false accusations of illegal
activity.

>> One of the advantages of proper usenet newsgroups, is that each person can
>> choose to 'block' any subject or person they don't want to see, by making
>> appropriate settings on their own software - and without anyone else
>> needing to know. That seems to be beyond the power of any web forum, at
>> least so far.

> this is true, it is difficult to start a usenet newsgroup and they
> don't want to take
> over an unused group.

snip

Groups in the alt.* heirarchy seem to be easy to get started. The
regulars in alt.config know how - google before posting there!

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

TNKEV wrote:

> he even reported to my friends local police that he was selling drugs
> and when the cops went to
> his house he got ****ed and argued with the cops and got thrown in
> jail for 4 months
> for assault on a police officer. this is serious,the poo bag has gone
> too far,and kicking the
> crap out him hasn't worked,just makes him do more.

He has your friend thrown in jail (actually, your friend threw himself
in jail if he went ballistic on the cops) and your idea of retribution
is to have spam sent to an email address you don't even know??
--
Back to the sandbox and be sure to use some sunblock.