Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > PC Anywhere setup

Reply
Thread Tools

PC Anywhere setup

 
 
Jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-15-2004
How do I connect to my PC over the internet with PC Anywhere? Do I need my
static IP address or is there more to it then that?
Thanks in advance
Jim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-16-2004
If you have Firewall, and or Cable/DSL Router you need to open the ports
that are use by pcAny...

Cable/DSL Routers - NAT & Ports - http://www.ezlan.net/routers1.html

This page describes another Remote Program, but the principles are the same.

Setting VNC: : http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).





"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I connect to my PC over the internet with PC Anywhere? Do I need my
> static IP address or is there more to it then that?
> Thanks in advance
> Jim
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-16-2004
Thanks for the info Jack, I will see how it works with PC Anywhere.

Jim
"Jack" <www.ezlan.net> wrote in message
news:OIdmt%(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have Firewall, and or Cable/DSL Router you need to open the ports
> that are use by pcAny...
>
> Cable/DSL Routers - NAT & Ports - http://www.ezlan.net/routers1.html
>
> This page describes another Remote Program, but the principles are the
> same.
>
> Setting VNC: : http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
>
>
>
>
> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I connect to my PC over the internet with PC Anywhere? Do I need
>> my
>> static IP address or is there more to it then that?
>> Thanks in advance
>> Jim
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Riggs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2004
You will have to open ports 5631 and 5632 in the router for PcAnywhere to
get through. I use it all the time.


"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the info Jack, I will see how it works with PC Anywhere.
>
> Jim
> "Jack" <www.ezlan.net> wrote in message
> news:OIdmt%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you have Firewall, and or Cable/DSL Router you need to open the ports
> > that are use by pcAny...
> >
> > Cable/DSL Routers - NAT & Ports - http://www.ezlan.net/routers1.html
> >
> > This page describes another Remote Program, but the principles are the
> > same.
> >
> > Setting VNC: : http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html
> >
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> How do I connect to my PC over the internet with PC Anywhere? Do I need
> >> my
> >> static IP address or is there more to it then that?
> >> Thanks in advance
> >> Jim
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ANN] Ruby Setup 5 (setup.rb) Intransition Ruby 0 01-13-2010 04:24 PM
python setup.py: how to override a setup.cfg value ? Chris Shenton Python 1 08-24-2007 06:27 AM
Windows XP Setup Restarts the Setup Program =?Utf-8?B?UmFkYXIxNjU=?= Windows 64bit 21 12-14-2005 04:27 AM
USB config for Windows Connect Now. Did this go anywhere? glenn.woodruff@gmail.com Wireless Networking 2 09-01-2005 10:12 AM
PC Anywhere vs Wireless Paul King Wireless Networking 0 06-12-2005 11:29 PM



Advertisments