Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I correct Major errors in BDS & Boot Block

How do I correct Major errors in BDS & Boot Block

thterry@insightbb.com

Hi,

I have been tring to correct my mac for sometime. Here is what I have
done so far.
First, I am running G4 MDD, Sys Ver 10.3.9 , Proc Power PC Apollo 1
GHz, Built in mem 1.3 GB, 32 bit addressing yes, Lgical Ram 2 GB, Par1
drive at 38.3 GB.

I have tried to correct this problem. I finely decided to backup some
of my files moving them off my Mac and start over. I reformatted my
hard drive (HFS+) by erasing & installing the OS9 & OSX. I went to use

Norton's Disk Doctor and received these errors.

Major error was found in files listed below the BSD mode for the file
is incorrect. BSD mode flags help Mac OSx classifying files & folders

Par1Drive.ect
Par1Drive.tmp
Par1Drive.var
Par1drive:Applications: Utilities: Print Center.app
(15.1.

Major error was found in the Boot Block
The signature is incorrect
(16.1.1)

Major error was found in the Boot Block
The signature is incorrect
(16.1.2)

Major error was found in the Boot Block
The event queue size is bad
(16.1.11)

Norton's would not fix them even from the disk. I can look at the
files in UNIX but I'm not sure what I really should be looking at
with out some type of trouble locating procedures / spec's. Is there
any type of
information that I can pull that could walk me thru correcting this
problem?

Also when I try to defrag it will not let me because it states that
some programs are running. I went into monitor and quit some programs.
What is the minimum program files that should be running in the monitor

mode?

thanks, Tom T

Meat Plow

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:11:46 -0800, thterry wrote:

> Subject: How do I correct Major errors in BDS & Boot Block
> From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Date: 21 Feb 2006 13:11:46 -0800
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been tring to correct my mac for sometime. Here is what I have
> done so far.
> First, I am running G4 MDD, Sys Ver 10.3.9 , Proc Power PC Apollo 1
> GHz, Built in mem 1.3 GB, 32 bit addressing yes, Lgical Ram 2 GB, Par1
> drive at 38.3 GB.

Look for a Mac support news group. Most of the dunderheads in this group
barely know how to switch on their PC