Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Motherboard Update

Motherboard Update

Pete

Hi

I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file which
is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is probably
a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

old jon

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsrBKf.36188$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
> which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is
> probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks

Sounds like you are trying to update the BIOS ?.
If so, you need a good reason, `cos it can be Dangerous !,
if you`re not sure what you`re doing.
Are you updating to cure a problem ?.

--
bw..OJ

Pete

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CXBKf.6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsrBKf.36188$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
>> which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is
>> probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Sounds like you are trying to update the BIOS ?.
> If so, you need a good reason, `cos it can be Dangerous !,
> if you`re not sure what you`re doing.
> Are you updating to cure a problem ?.
>
> --
> bw..OJ

I have two SATA HDDs and when I first received the computer ( I didn't
actually build it, a well known company built it to my spec) I thought they
were running
a bit slow but was so swamped at the time that I didn't get round to looking
into it. Then time just passed and things got pogressively worse, to the
point now where the regular ATA drive on my other computer positively flies
along in comparison. This computer has slowed to a plod

So I am trying to fix the problem

Do you know where I can find a copy of the drivers for the Promise Fast Trak
376 RAID controller?

Thanks

Pete

old jon

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsrBKf.36188$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
> which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is
> probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks

Hi Pete go here and sign up for Free, and sort out the one you want.
list.driverguide.com/list/company854/

--
bw..OJ

old man

http://www.promise.com/
??

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KBCKf.36229$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CXBKf.6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsrBKf.36188$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file
> >> which is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this

is
> >> probably a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> > Sounds like you are trying to update the BIOS ?.
> > If so, you need a good reason, `cos it can be Dangerous !,
> > if you`re not sure what you`re doing.
> > Are you updating to cure a problem ?.
> >
> > --
> > bw..OJ
> >

> I have two SATA HDDs and when I first received the computer ( I didn't
> actually build it, a well known company built it to my spec) I thought

they
> were running
> a bit slow but was so swamped at the time that I didn't get round to

looking
> into it. Then time just passed and things got pogressively worse, to the
> point now where the regular ATA drive on my other computer positively

flies
> along in comparison. This computer has slowed to a plod
>
> So I am trying to fix the problem
>
> Do you know where I can find a copy of the drivers for the Promise Fast

Trak
> 376 RAID controller?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

why?

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:54:28 GMT, Pete wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file which
>is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is probably
>a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before
>
>Any help would be appreciated

Advice, don't do it.

If you have gotten as far as you did without reading the docs and major
READMEs on BIOS download pages and are asking in 24HSHD you should NOT
do it.

>Thanks

Me

Plato

Pete wrote:

> I have downloaded the update to my motherboard and extracted the file which
> is a .awd file. How do I now go about installing it? I know this is probably
> a simple question but I haven't updated a motherboard before

Seems like a bios flash file. Do you need to flash your bios. Why?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/