Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: MCSE rookie need help

Re: MCSE rookie need help

gg77

install dns and put the ip address to the dns server in the tcp/ip
properites.

"raysobi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello I'm interested of learning MCSE on my own. I bought books etc. and
> also a copy of Window 2000 advance server. I did a clean installed on my
> pc but however i ran into this problem. I am on the first step doing
> Active Directory, i had 2 books that teach me how to do it but once i
> try to create on my computer it gives me this message on Active
> Directory Installation Wizard.
>

> "The wixard cannot contact the DNS server that handles the name
> "Sobi.com" to dtermine if it supports dynamic update. Confirm your DNS
> configuration, or installed and configure a DNS server on this computer"
>

> after i ignored the message and went ahead created password i get
> this error
>

> "The operation failed with the following error: The neetwork location
> canot be reached. For information about network troubleshooing, see
> Windows Help."
>

> Its ironic that these 2 books doesnt show me if there is a problem
> during installation and how can i fix.
>

> i dont know what to do from there, i has little knowledge on win2k
> server so if someone know, helping me wll take you to heave
>

> thanx
>

> Ray

ASP.NET rookie needs help finding postback data =?Utf-8?B?anJldHQ=?= ASP .Net 4 09-22-2006 03:55 AM
Help for rookie JZ Digital Photography 2 07-06-2004 06:35 PM
Rookie Question: Need a Script To Count How Many Days Have Passed Since January 1, 1970 Tom Javascript 7 06-18-2004 12:31 PM
C++ rookie having trouble. Anybody care to try to help? Don Bruder C++ 11 09-21-2003 12:11 AM
MCSE rookie need help Marko MCSE 0 09-16-2003 05:43 AM

Advertisments