Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sage Payroll

Sage Payroll

james.willsden

Hi
I am unable to back - up my sage payroll - get a message stating that as two
versions are running , I must shut down the other version (which is not
there) or restart the PC, before backing up. I did post this about a month
ago, one possible suggestion was that it might be to do with "user" names,
but this function is not used.
Regards
Mike

Dan Evans

"james.willsden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5D3Kf.33579$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi
> I am unable to back - up my sage payroll - get a message stating that as
> two
> versions are running , I must shut down the other version (which is not
> there) or restart the PC, before backing up. I did post this about a month
> ago, one possible suggestion was that it might be to do with "user" names,
> but this function is not used.

Anything by Sage younger than 10 years is crap. Older than 10 is a bit dodgy
at times as well.

Dan

why?

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:25:53 GMT, james.willsden wrote:

>Hi
>I am unable to back - up my sage payroll - get a message stating that as two
>versions are running , I must shut down the other version (which is not

You haven't mentioned the OS Win98 / version of Sage 8.03 without a
reminder or an obvious should have done this without prompting. It's a
pain to go and lookup even remembering it was there.

So turn off every PC except the 1 you installed the app on.

From: james.willsden - view profile
Date: Fri, Jan 27 2006 9:36 pm
Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

Hi
Refuse to take out blackmail sage cover / help.
Problem I`ve got is that I am unable to back-up, on using backup I get a
box telling me that "two versions of Payroll are running" - to check,
shut the other one down and reboot if this is not the case. On rebooting
I get the same message and it will not let me back-up. I definately (??)
have only programme running. Have contacted sage but will not help
unless I take out cover.
Regards
James

As mentioned in the Duane post -

From: Duane Arnold - view profile
Date: Sat, Nov 19 2005 11:47 pm
Email: Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)>
Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

If you cannot get support for software like a payroll application that
is critical to you, then you should seek out another vendor that will
give you the support you need at a critical time. There is no excuse for
them not helping you and you shouldn't have to try and get support from
a NG.

Duane

>but this function is not used.
>Regards
>Mike

Me

Problem with Sage Payroll james.willsden Computer Support 1 01-28-2006 12:38 AM
Sage Payroll version 8.03 james.willsden Computer Support 8 11-20-2005 04:06 PM
PaYroll Program Tommy Computer Support 4 10-30-2004 07:53 AM
Stand alone Payroll program Shirley Azvedo Computer Support 6 12-08-2003 07:47 PM
Payroll Program using class structure Randi C++ 1 11-25-2003 10:32 AM

Advertisments