Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > IIS exam does it exist?

IIS exam does it exist?

Ironpaw

I see 70-226 "Designing Highly Available Web Solutions
with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" but that is hardly an
IIS exam is there no IIS exam anymore?

Rick

I think it has pretty much gone away. There are several IIS questions on
70-216, 70-218 and 70-215 if I remember correctly. But I think there has not
been a IIS only exam since the NT4 track was discontinued.

"Ironpaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:028501c37b16$4a27dfd0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I see 70-226 "Designing Highly Available Web Solutions
> with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" but that is hardly an
> IIS exam is there no IIS exam anymore?

Simon Geary

If you just want some general IIS skills you can buy one of the many books
on the subject and have a play around. MCSE exams are meant to signify
people with advanced design and deployment skills, not someone with general
beginner skills. MCSE is not supposed to be for beginners.
As for there being no dedicated exam, IIS was considered to be a core part
of Windows 2000 and so these skills were collapsed into the various Windows
2000 server exams.

news:3af401c37b1b$6ba3dba0$(E-Mail Removed)...