Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vice President Mr. Cheney Does The Right Thing

Vice President Mr. Cheney Does The Right Thing

Plato

Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:

Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."

Thank you Mr. Cheney

Deano

Plato wrote:
> Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>
> Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
> the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>

> Thank you Mr. Cheney

Ah so those who accused Whittington of "not announcing his presence" or
"looking like a bird" will be forced to backtrack. Can't help thinking
Cheney would love to hunt human prey, Hard Target-style...

Leythos

In article <43f4967a$0$9268$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Plato wrote:
> > Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
> >
> > Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
> > the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
> >

> > Thank you Mr. Cheney

> Ah so those who accused Whittington of "not announcing his presence" or
> "looking like a bird" will be forced to backtrack. Can't help thinking
> Cheney would love to hunt human prey, Hard Target-style...

The you missed the entire statement. While the shooter is always the
primary fault, the victim can be partly at fault. When hunting you
always look out for yourself and you always announce yourself, it's a
given, it's the way you are taught by state programs, but, not
announcing yourself does not entitle you to be shot.

No one will have to backtrack.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Plato

Leythos wrote:

> > Ah so those who accused Whittington of "not announcing his presence" or
> > "looking like a bird" will be forced to backtrack. Can't help thinking
> > Cheney would love to hunt human prey, Hard Target-style...

> The you missed the entire statement. While the shooter is always the
> primary fault, the victim can be partly at fault. When hunting you
> always look out for yourself and you always announce yourself, it's a
> given, it's the way you are taught by state programs, but, not
> announcing yourself does not entitle you to be shot.

I mostly agree. However, when hunting, one should always lookout for
others as well. Yes, accidents can still happen even if you do lookout
for others. It's the nature of the sport, especially if you are hunting
with a party of several people.

Of course, one can easily lose sight or wherabouts with the others in
your party, and thus, an accident can happen as the birds take to
flight. Still, if in dought, dont turn too much and fire while following
the target(s).

Deano

Leythos wrote:
> In article <43f4967a$0$9268$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Plato wrote:
>>> Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>>>
>>> Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who
>>> pulled the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>>>

>>> Thank you Mr. Cheney

>> Ah so those who accused Whittington of "not announcing his presence"
>> or "looking like a bird" will be forced to backtrack. Can't help
>> thinking Cheney would love to hunt human prey, Hard Target-style...

> The you missed the entire statement. While the shooter is always the
> primary fault, the victim can be partly at fault. When hunting you
> always look out for yourself and you always announce yourself, it's a
> given, it's the way you are taught by state programs, but, not
> announcing yourself does not entitle you to be shot.
>
> No one will have to backtrack.

Fair enough, if they did they'd have to watch their back with Dick around.

Lookout

On 16 Feb 2006 07:43:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>
>Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
>the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>

>Thank you Mr. Cheney

All Cheney did was do what everyone in my family was taught from
birth: take responsibility for your own actions. That's a first for
this administration.

Edward W. Thompson

On 16 Feb 2006 07:43:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>
>Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
>the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>

>Thank you Mr. Cheney

It's curious that you feel the need to congratulate Mr Cheney for
taking responsibility for his actions. However, given his record
while in Office this is such an unusual occurrence that your
congratulations may be appropriate!

Avengerę

On 16 Feb 2006 07:43:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>
>Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
>the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>

>Thank you Mr. Cheney

What a shame Bush wasn't out bird shootin' as well, maybe he could
have killed two birds with one blast )
--
Avengerę
I *HATE* Spam

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Del=A4+/Ctrl+=A4/Alt=A4+=29=22?=

Avengerę wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2006 07:43:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
>
>> Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>>
>> Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
>> the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>>

>> Thank you Mr. Cheney

> What a shame Bush wasn't out bird shootin' as well, maybe he could
> have killed two birds with one blast )
> --

Would you like to kill President Bush yourself Avenger? Is that what
you are getting at. Do you want him to die? Would you like to see him dead?

Alt

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Avengerę wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2006 07:43:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
>

>>Got my coffee, opened todays newspaper, front page:
>>
>>Mr. Cheney said, "You cant blame anybody else, I'm the guy who pulled
>>the trigger and shot my friend. It was not Harry's fault."
>>

>>Thank you Mr. Cheney

> What a shame Bush wasn't out bird shootin' as well, maybe he could
> have killed two birds with one blast )

A bird in the Bush is worth more than a ... damn, I thought for a minute
I was going to have a joke.