Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE Welcome Kit & MCT Status

MCSE Welcome Kit & MCT Status

bobc

I achieved MCSE status at the end of July and I am
stillwaiting for the Welcome Kit - anyone else waited 6
weeks for a welocme Kit? Also I am trying to get MCT
status and have talked to the Regional Centre 3 times and
got 3 different answers on what is required - are there
any MCTs who would like to tell me what they did to get
the MCT Status?

Tom Helms [MSFT]

You should have received an email with the following instructions on how to
order your welcome kit. If not, send an email to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). The
MCT requirements can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mct/guide/

1. Log on with your .NET Passport to the MCP secure website.
2. Select Welcome Kits from the Program Benefits menu.
3. Check your shipping address carefully. If you need to make changes to
your shipping address, click to the Profile Editor.
4. After making changes (if applicable), return to the Welcome Kits page and
submit the form.

You will receive your Welcome Kit within four-to-six weeks of verifying and
submitting your correct shipping address. Welcome Kits will not be shipped
without a confirmed address.

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

newsgroup purposes only."

"bobc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:392c01c37aed$1c296aa0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I achieved MCSE status at the end of July and I am
> stillwaiting for the Welcome Kit - anyone else waited 6
> weeks for a welocme Kit? Also I am trying to get MCT
> status and have talked to the Regional Centre 3 times and
> got 3 different answers on what is required - are there
> any MCTs who would like to tell me what they did to get
> the MCT Status?

Lady

In addition to your MCSE, you need two things:

1. Attend a MOC class at a CTEC (at least 3 day class) taught by an MCT.

2. Your choice of earning CTT+ or taking a CTT+ Train-The-Trainer at a CTEC
taught by a CTT+ Instructor.

Once you have that, on the MCP Secure site, complete the MCT Enrollment Tool
and mail both certificates to the address they email you when they
acknowledge receipt of your application.

Though I still plan to earn my CTT+, I chose the Train The Trainer class so
I could get my MCT faster. When they emailed me confirming my MCT status -
they back-dated it to the day I completed the application.

"bobc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:392c01c37aed$1c296aa0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I achieved MCSE status at the end of July and I am
> stillwaiting for the Welcome Kit - anyone else waited 6
> weeks for a welocme Kit? Also I am trying to get MCT
> status and have talked to the Regional Centre 3 times and
> got 3 different answers on what is required - are there
> any MCTs who would like to tell me what they did to get
> the MCT Status?

Maestro

Microsoft's website has the devinitive answer to what's
required to earn all of their certifications, including
becoming an MCT.

Maestro

Lady,

It's really not necessary to spoon feed every question you
choose to answer. In this particular case you could have
done him a greater service if you had just told him where
he can find the information. I personally an a little
alarmed that this person has earned an MCSE, want's to
become an MCT, but doesn't even know where to find the
requirements to become an MCT. Is this the person you
would want teaching you?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

"Maestro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44d701c37baf$024c8b90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lady,
>
> It's really not necessary to spoon feed every question you
> choose to answer. In this particular case you could have
> done him a greater service if you had just told him where
> he can find the information.

It's a maternal instinct kind of thing, I think.

> I personally an a little
> alarmed that this person has earned an MCSE, want's to
> become an MCT, but doesn't even know where to find the
> requirements to become an MCT. Is this the person you
> would want teaching you?

I think Lady wants to be the teacher.

Teachers make the best lovers... they make you keep doing it until you get
it right.

--
Fris "That was no lady, that was my wife" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Maestro

Perhaps your abilities are not questionable, but based on
the question asked one has to wonder. In any case the
point still stand that Microsoft has the definitive answer
on what's required to become an MCT. If the regional
centers are not sure, my first thought would be to start
looking elsewhere (if geographically possible).

MCT or MCSE?? Dabwang4363 MCTS 4 03-10-2008 02:47 PM
Need MCSE/MCSA/MCT =?Utf-8?B?ZnJvbSBzYW1pciBwYXRlbA==?= MCSE 0 03-03-2006 01:43 PM
Need MCSA/MCSE/MCAD/MCT =?Utf-8?B?ZnJvbSBzYW1pciBwYXRlbA==?= MCSE 0 03-03-2006 01:38 PM
WHERES MY MCSE WELCOME KIT Sammy Pappstacker MCSE 4 07-07-2004 06:03 PM
welcome kit for MCSE Samir MCSE 1 06-30-2003 05:23 PM

Advertisments