Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is this registry entry?

What is this registry entry?

rfdjr1@optonline.net

Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines always show up
that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which I know is
installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I can't figure
out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing pertinent.
I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and can't find
it. The line reads:

Root
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE

Registry Key
Software\Neme.sys\Database

Modified
02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM

String Value
ScopeName

File/path reference
c:\scope

The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c drive, 635Kb in
size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.

I'd like to know what this is all about, if I need it, why it won't delete and
if it's detrimental, get rid of it for good. I'd appreciate any info anyone
might have. Thanks.

old jon

http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/...VNRS5TWVM.html
Some sort of game ??

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines always
> show up
> that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which I
> know is
> installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I can't
> figure
> out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing
> pertinent.
> I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and can't
> find
> it. The line reads:
>

> Root
> HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
>
> Registry Key
> Software\Neme.sys\Database
>
> Modified
> 02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM
>
> String Value
> ScopeName
>
> File/path reference
> c:\scope
>
> The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c drive,
> 635Kb in
> size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.
>
> I'd like to know what this is all about, if I need it, why it won't delete
> and
> if it's detrimental, get rid of it for good. I'd appreciate any info
> anyone
> might have. Thanks.

Toolman Tim

In newsxGIf.30560$(E-Mail Removed),
old jon spewed forth:
> http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/...VNRS5TWVM.html
> Some sort of game ??

Isn't everything? <g>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines
>> always show up
>> that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which
>> I know is
>> installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I
>> can't figure
>> out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing
>> pertinent.
>> I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and
>> can't find
>> it. The line reads:
>>

>> Root
>> HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
>>
>> Registry Key
>> Software\Neme.sys\Database
>>
>> Modified
>> 02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM
>>
>> String Value
>> ScopeName
>>
>> File/path reference
>> c:\scope
>>
>> The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c
>> drive, 635Kb in
>> size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.
>>
>> I'd like to know what this is all about, if I need it, why it won't
>> delete and
>> if it's detrimental, get rid of it for good. I'd appreciate any info
>> anyone
>> might have. Thanks.

old jon

news:MSGIf.4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In newsxGIf.30560$(E-Mail Removed),
> old jon spewed forth:
>> http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/...VNRS5TWVM.html
>> Some sort of game ??
>>>

> Isn't everything? <g>

I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake up <g>.

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines
>>> always show up
>>> that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which
>>> I know is
>>> installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I
>>> can't figure
>>> out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing
>>> pertinent.
>>> I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and
>>> can't find
>>> it. The line reads:
>>>

>>> Root
>>> HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
>>>
>>> Registry Key
>>> Software\Neme.sys\Database
>>>
>>> Modified
>>> 02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM
>>>
>>> String Value
>>> ScopeName
>>>
>>> File/path reference
>>> c:\scope
>>>
>>> The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c
>>> drive, 635Kb in
>>> size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.
>>>
>>> I'd like to know what this is all about, if I need it, why it won't
>>> delete and
>>> if it's detrimental, get rid of it for good. I'd appreciate any info
>>> anyone
>>> might have. Thanks.

> --
> If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Toolman Tim

In news:UUHIf.34053$(E-Mail Removed),
old jon spewed forth:
> news:MSGIf.4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In newsxGIf.30560$(E-Mail Removed),
>> old jon spewed forth:
>>> http://cloud.prohosting.com/johnnyr/...VNRS5TWVM.html
>>> Some sort of game ??
>>>>

>> Isn't everything? <g>
>>

> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
> up <g>.

Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!

dogsBollix

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bmLIf.221$dW5.105
@fe02.lga:

> In news:UUHIf.34053$(E-Mail Removed),
> old jon spewed forth:
>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:MSGIf.4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> In newsxGIf.30560$(E-Mail Removed),
>>> old jon spewed forth:
>>>>>

>>> Isn't everything? <g>
>>>

>> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
>> up <g>.

> Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!

wouldn't that be a cool script for a film !
you could have these real cool dudes in dark glasses and long leather
coats doing kung fu and stuff ......

dB

Justisaur

> Every time I run Easy Cleaner to clean out my registry, two lines always show up
> that can't be deleted. One has to do with Scan Soft Omni Page, which I know is
> installed on my machine. But another one shows up everytime, and I can't figure
> out or find out what it is. I've Googled it and come up with nothing pertinent.
> I've done a search of my entire system, including hidden files and can't find
> it. The line reads:
>

> Root
> HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
>
> Registry Key
> Software\Neme.sys\Database

All I came up with for neme.sys on a search was some french metal
industry.

> Modified
> 02/23/2004 09:03:28 PM
>
> String Value
> ScopeName
>
> File/path reference
> c:\scope
>
> The c:\scope is not a folder, but just some sort of file on my c drive, 635Kb in
> size, with no extension, so I can't even see what kind of file it is.

Open it in a text or hex edior, often files will have something
identifying what they are in the first few lines.

I'm not familiar with easy clean, but usually spyware/virus detectors
will give some idea of what the program thinks the file is if you poke
around a bit.

- Justisaur

Book End

"dogsBollix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns976BCBB4152ACdogsbollixhootmailco@63.218.4 5.254...
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bmLIf.221$dW5.105
> @fe02.lga:
>
>> In news:UUHIf.34053$(E-Mail Removed),
>> old jon spewed forth:
>>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:MSGIf.4$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
>>> up <g>.

>> Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!
>>

> wouldn't that be a cool script for a film !
> you could have these real cool dudes in dark glasses and long leather
> coats doing kung fu and stuff ......
>
> dB

Just as long as you return the shades & coats before you wake up.

Toolman Tim

In news:Xns976BCBB4152ACdogsbollixhootmailco@63.218.4 5.254,
dogsBollix spewed forth:
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bmLIf.221$dW5.105 @fe02.lga:
>
>> In news:UUHIf.34053$(E-Mail Removed),
>> old jon spewed forth:
>>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:MSGIf.4$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I`ve often thought that life was a dream, and one day we`d all wake
>>> up <g>.

>> Mine is more of a nightmare. I keep hoping I'll wake up!
>>

> wouldn't that be a cool script for a film !
> you could have these real cool dudes in dark glasses and long leather
> coats doing kung fu and stuff ......
>
> dB

Ummm...it's been done...but c'mon - Keanu Reeves? Gimme a break <g>