Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stream audio and video from one pc to local network sort of like sling

Stream audio and video from one pc to local network sort of like sling

Edward

Anyone know of a way to broadcast from one pc. I have a tv tuner
card in one that is connected to a satelite reciever, Just wondering
if I could could watch from other pc's in the local network.

Thanks

Dabaconboy

Try shoutcast it is good for streaming both audio and video
www.shoutcast.com

Tony

"Edward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know of a way to broadcast from one pc. I have a tv tuner
> card in one that is connected to a satelite reciever, Just wondering
> if I could could watch from other pc's in the local network.
>
> Thanks

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

John Jay Smith

I have done this with MS windows media encoder 9.0 (free)
you select your tv card as the capture device

it broadcasts over a network or even the internet to up to 5 computers
if you need to.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

if you need help setting it up, ask me

-K