Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > interesting 2.0 app for identifying files

interesting 2.0 app for identifying files

Deano

Nothing to do with me but found this while wasting a few hours today
catching up on the latest web 2.0 appsj;

http://www.vipedio.com/roman/whatisthatfile/

It's a sexier way of finding out what a given file is by typing it in - as
soon as it's recognised, possibly before you've finished typing, it flashes
up some info. Nothing you couldn't work out by using a search engine but a
nice,easy quick way of doing it.

Unless it turns out to be rubbish of course, in which case I don't recommend
it

Demolitio

very interesting..... but I can't really figure out exactly what they are
trying to do with it 0_0

it has potential, though.... could be a nice interface replacement for
Google's search engine.... think of it: the website your searching for found
before you're even finished typing!

"Deano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43f0aa93$0$9263$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nothing to do with me but found this while wasting a few hours today
> catching up on the latest web 2.0 appsj;
>
> http://www.vipedio.com/roman/whatisthatfile/
>
> It's a sexier way of finding out what a given file is by typing it in -

as
> soon as it's recognised, possibly before you've finished typing, it

flashes
> up some info. Nothing you couldn't work out by using a search engine but

> nice,easy quick way of doing it.
>
> Unless it turns out to be rubbish of course, in which case I don't

recommend
> it

roman.mittermayr@gmail.com

Actually Google already has a feature like this somewhere. Check out
labs.google.com
About the site itself, please use this link instead:
www.WhatIsThatFile.com and not the above one, though both bring you to
the same page.

Roman