Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gmail - hovering contact info on mouse over - how to get rid of??

Gmail - hovering contact info on mouse over - how to get rid of??

jeff@msn.com.net

How do you get rid of that hovering contact info box when you mouse
over someone's name?

they just added this when they forced us to accept their chat crap
bundled in with gmail the other day.

i can't find anywhere to turn it off, anyone have any ideas?

Paul_B

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:41:56 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> How do you get rid of that hovering contact info box when you mouse
> over someone's name?
>
> they just added this when they forced us to accept their chat crap
> bundled in with gmail the other day.
>
> i can't find anywhere to turn it off, anyone have any ideas?

Click the downarrow to collapse the contact list.

You can turn off chat near the bottom of the page; not sure if
that nukes the contact list.

p.

jeff@msn.com.net

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:20:14 GMT, Paul_B <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:41:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> How do you get rid of that hovering contact info box when you mouse
>> over someone's name?
>>
>> they just added this when they forced us to accept their chat crap
>> bundled in with gmail the other day.
>>
>> i can't find anywhere to turn it off, anyone have any ideas?

>Click the downarrow to collapse the contact list.
>
>You can turn off chat near the bottom of the page; not sure if
>that nukes the contact list.
>
>p.

no, not the contacts pane on the left side of the page.

the thing that hovers when you mouse over someone's name

Senti

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:20:14 GMT, Paul_B <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:41:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>>How do you get rid of that hovering contact info box when you mouse
>>>over someone's name?
>>>
>>>they just added this when they forced us to accept their chat crap
>>>bundled in with gmail the other day.
>>>
>>>i can't find anywhere to turn it off, anyone have any ideas?

>>Click the downarrow to collapse the contact list.
>>
>>You can turn off chat near the bottom of the page; not sure if
>>that nukes the contact list.
>>
>>p.

> no, not the contacts pane on the left side of the page.
>
> the thing that hovers when you mouse over someone's name

Go to your Inbox and scroll down to the bottom. You should see
something similar to the following:

Gmail view: standard with chat | standard without chat | basic HTML
Learn more

Click where it says "standard without chat". It'll turn off the chat
features altogether, including what's in the left pane. As of right
now, that's the only way you can do what you want.

~S

jeff@msn.com.net

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:43:40 GMT, Senti
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:20:14 GMT, Paul_B <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>Click the downarrow to collapse the contact list.
>>>
>>>You can turn off chat near the bottom of the page; not sure if
>>>that nukes the contact list.
>>>
>>>p.

>> no, not the contacts pane on the left side of the page.
>>
>> the thing that hovers when you mouse over someone's name
>>

>Go to your Inbox and scroll down to the bottom. You should see
>something similar to the following:
>
>Gmail view: standard with chat | standard without chat | basic HTML
>Learn more
>
>Click where it says "standard without chat". It'll turn off the chat
>features altogether, including what's in the left pane. As of right
>now, that's the only way you can do what you want.
>
>~S

thank you! i will try that