Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > autoplay dialog box showing

autoplay dialog box showing

Stephen Fisher

All of a sudden whenver i switch on PC i get an annoying dialog box once i
go into my profile saying "Autoplay"

When i close the dialog box the box reappears about 5 seconds letter.The
only way to stop this is to have a cd/dvd in the dvd writyer whenever i
switch PC on. I can't fathom out how to get rid of this annoying feature.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Steve Fisher

Rosco

Stephen Fisher cried out

> All of a sudden whenver i switch on PC i get an annoying dialog
> box once i go into my profile saying "Autoplay"
>
> When i close the dialog box the box reappears about 5 seconds
> letter.The only way to stop this is to have a cd/dvd in the dvd
> writyer whenever i switch PC on. I can't fathom out how to get rid
> of this annoying feature.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Fisher

that's wierd, normally autoplay features only pop up when a cd/dvd
is in the drive.

pcbutts1

> All of a sudden whenver i switch on PC i get an annoying dialog box
> once i go into my profile saying "Autoplay".

I have no idea about that but I can tell you don't repost the same
question an hour later.

> When i close the dialog box the box reappears about 5 seconds letter.

When I have all the time in the world.

> The only way to stop this is to have a cd/dvd in the dvd writyer
> whenever i switch PC on.

Sorry I can't help.

> I can't fathom out how to get rid of this annoying feature.

If you tried harder, maybe you could fathom out how to get rid of that
annoying feature.

> Can anyone help?

I can't help you, sorry.

> Regards.

How rude of you.

> Steve Fisher.

You can say the W word.

> IS IT STILL PARANOIA IF THEY ARE ALL OUT TO GET ME?

Nobody cares about you, Fisher. Listen carefully to the voice inside your
head telling you to end it all.

--
The best live web video on the internet http://www.smutgremlins.com/
See it all at http://debauchery.com/

Rick Merrill

Stephen Fisher wrote:
> All of a sudden whenver i switch on PC i get an annoying dialog box once i
> go into my profile saying "Autoplay"
>
> When i close the dialog box the box reappears about 5 seconds letter.The
> only way to stop this is to have a cd/dvd in the dvd writyer whenever i
> switch PC on. I can't fathom out how to get rid of this annoying feature.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Fisher

In your computer profile you have (inadvertently) set the "auto play"
setting on one (or more) of your hard disk drives.