Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > different personel in an IT department

different personel in an IT department

clot

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-02-10, b.saa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi would like someone to help me by listing differnt personel in a
>> company IT department.
>> Thank you for your help.

> (1) The old bloke in the corner with the long grey beard and odd
> smell; no-one knows what he actually does, but he's been there since
> the second Commodore Pet was paid for by the company (and he still
> has it running on one of the four desks he's managed to take into his
> little patch). If you put a broken component on his front desk on a
> Friday, there's a good chance it will be working by Tuesday when he
> comes in again (he never comes in on Mondays, or before 11 AM, but
> no-one knows when he goes home - or where he lives).
>
> (2) The one who carries screw-drivers in his shirt pocket and is never
> ever where he was last seen, but who always wins the darts tournament.
>
> (3) The Australian one who only works in the winter; in the summer
> he's a lifeguard at some beach or other.
>
> (4) The young woman who never looks you in the eye and whose voice is
> inaudible, but she can build a database system that humans can
> actually use, and writes text-books as a hobby.
>
> (5) The one with the slick hair and Italian suit who gets called in to
> Management Meetings. He knows absolutely nothing at all about
> computers or networks or IT, but he can blind the management with
> buzz-words so he gets paid twice as much as anyone else in the
> department and is the only one ever to appear in photographs. He
> can't actually use the PDA he carries everywhere to fiddle with; he's
> playing 'Minesweeper' (badly).
>
> (6) The one who actually isn't in the IT department at all, but knows
> more about personal computers and Windows and Linux than all of them
> put together so he's the one to ask first if you want any help. The
> IT department do too.
>
> DISCLAIMER: any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely
> coincidental. (That's the plight of all IT personnel).

Thank you sharing your views; made me smile. There's some truth there
somewhere!

Mara

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:55:15 GMT, "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:07:19 +0000 (UTC), "b.saa"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi would like someone to help me by listing differnt personel in a
>>> company IT department.
>>> Thank you for your help.

>> Me.Oh dear. Again Mara. You have my sympathies.

No worries. It just proves that you can't fix stupid.

"Easy enough to block."

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.

clot

Mara wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:55:15 GMT, "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Mara wrote:

>>> Me.Oh dear. Again Mara. You have my sympathies.

> No worries. It just proves that you can't fix stupid.
>
> "Easy enough to block."

True but annoying.

There was a song that came to mind as I typed .. Little Children ...
Wayne Fontana and the Mind Benders? that describes these fools.

Mara

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:18:39 GMT, "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara wrote:

>> No worries. It just proves that you can't fix stupid.
>>
>> "Easy enough to block."

>True but annoying.

They're just trolls. Nothing to get excited about.

>There was a song that came to mind as I typed .. Little Children ...
>Wayne Fontana and the Mind Benders? that describes these fools.

This site should explain everything you need to know about them:

http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm

If posters just shun them, they leave. They're driven to go - without attention,
they're nothing. Of course they're nothing anyway, but attention keeps them
going for awhile, until they need their next fix.

"Sad, but true."

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
-- Bruce Schneider

Rich Wilson

"The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9766AF2A7333F1258ggbeerisgood@216.196.97.1 31...
> b.saa gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Hi would like someone to help me by listing differnt personel in a
>> company IT department.
>> Thank you for your help.
>>

> Sure, they're Steve, Marty, Tim, Bill, Mark, Lee, Philip, and Barbara.

Hang on, aren't Marty and Mark identical twins? The OP asked for *different*
personnel...

clot

Mara wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:18:39 GMT, "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Mara wrote:

>>> No worries. It just proves that you can't fix stupid.
>>>
>>> "Easy enough to block."

>> True but annoying.

> They're just trolls. Nothing to get excited about.
>
>> There was a song that came to mind as I typed .. Little Children ...
>> Wayne Fontana and the Mind Benders? that describes these fools.

> This site should explain everything you need to know about them:
>
> http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm
>
> If posters just shun them, they leave. They're driven to go - without
> attention, they're nothing. Of course they're nothing anyway, but
> attention keeps them going for awhile, until they need their next fix.
>
> "Sad, but true."

Thanks for that Mara. I appreciate and try to avoid opening
opportunities. It's just I recall that you were hounded quite
frequently of recent and it looks like you could again. K'file is
wonderful but it still is annoying to those who are being afflicted, the
subject I mean by that.

The Old Sourdough

Blinky the Shark gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:13:37 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
>
>> b.saa gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> Hi would like someone to help me by listing differnt personel in a
>>> company IT department.
>>> Thank you for your help.
>>>

>> Sure, they're Steve, Marty, Tim, Bill, Mark, Lee, Philip, and Barbara.

> Sorry, Old. I just hired Marty away from you. He starts here on Monday.

No, you got one of the triplets. There's Larry, Marty, and Marty.

--
The Old Sourdough

Most people believe if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Microsoft believes that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

clot

Rich Wilson wrote:
> "The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9766AF2A7333F1258ggbeerisgood@216.196.97.1 31...
>> b.saa gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> Hi would like someone to help me by listing differnt personel in a
>>> company IT department.
>>> Thank you for your help.
>>>

>> Sure, they're Steve, Marty, Tim, Bill, Mark, Lee, Philip, and
>> Barbara.

> Hang on, aren't Marty and Mark identical twins? The OP asked for
> *different* personnel...

I'll let you suss that out. They both applied for work with me but
regulations require me not to let you know that they are twins.

Mara

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:50:52 GMT, "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>
>Thanks for that Mara. I appreciate and try to avoid opening
>opportunities. It's just I recall that you were hounded quite
>frequently of recent and it looks like you could again. K'file is
>wonderful but it still is annoying to those who are being afflicted, the
>subject I mean by that.

If they were hounding me, I didn't see it. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Think about it. They can't sustain relationships, they can't hold jobs, they
can't do any of the things normal people do, so what else is there for them?

When you've been on usenet as long as I have, you tend to collect these sorts of
mental midgets. A "Fanboi Club," if you will. It's actually a compliment to me;
I am what they are not, and can never be.

"Bullies project their inadequacies, shortcomings, behaviors etc on to other
people to avoid facing up to their inadequacy and doing something about it
(learning about oneself can be painful), and to distract and divert attention
away from themselves and their inadequacies. Projection is achieved through
blame, criticism and allegation; once you realise this, every criticism,
allegation etc that the bully makes about their target is actually an admission
or revelation about themselves. This knowledge can be used to perceive the
bully's own misdemeanors; for instance, when the allegations are of financial or
sexual impropriety, it is likely that the bully has committed these acts; when
the bully makes an allegation of abuse (such allegations tend to be vague and
non-specific), it is likely to be the bully who has committed the abuse. When
the bully makes allegations of, say, "cowardice" or "negative attitude" it is
the bully who is a coward or has a negative attitude."

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
-- Bruce Schneider

Blinky the Shark

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:43:11 -0800, Toolman Tim wrote:

> In news(E-Mail Removed) net.net,
> Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:13:37 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
>>
>>> b.saa gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Sure, they're Steve, Marty, Tim, Bill, Mark, Lee, Philip, and
>>> Barbara.

>> Sorry, Old. I just hired Marty away from you. He starts here on
>> Monday.

> Dang. I'd better up my offer next time. Maybe Bill will work for what I can
> pay...

I'd already posted my list of first names when I read Old's similar
post and saw he'd listed a Marty, too.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups