Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > You are about to redirected

You are about to redirected

Meat Plow

To a sight that is not secure.

Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Meat Plow wrote:
> To a sight that is not secure.
>
> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

If the sight is my mother-in-law, block her in your Hosts file.

--
NOT pretty.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:22:16 +0000, Brian H wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>> To a sight that is not secure.
>>
>> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

> If the sight is my mother-in-law, block her in your Hosts file.

Don't want the sight blocked just the security alert

Oldus Fartus

Meat Plow wrote:
> To a sight that is not secure.
>
> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure modes"

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Meat Plow

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:31:55 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>> To a sight that is not secure.
>>
>> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

> This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
> Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
> modes"

Thanks, don't recall seeing that.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:31:55 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>> To a sight that is not secure.
>>
>> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

> This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
> Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
> modes"

Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

Oldus Fartus

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:31:55 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow wrote:
>>> To a sight that is not secure.
>>>
>>> Any setting to squelch IE6's Security popup about this?

>> This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
>> Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
>> modes"

> Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to disable
it in the future?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Meat Plow

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:06:17 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:

>>> This the one you are after? Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
>>> Second from bottom "Warn if changing between secure and not secure
>>> modes"

>> Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

> Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
> and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to disable
> it in the future?

Nope, the exact dialog is:

"You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The
information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to
a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"

I am given a Yes or No option.

old jon

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:06:17 +0800, Oldus Fartus wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow wrote:

>>> Just checked and it is unchecked. What else?

>> Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
>> and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to disable
>> it in the future?

> Nope, the exact dialog is:
>
> "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The
> information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to
> a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"
>
> I am given a Yes or No option.

I think the site chucks that message at you MP.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:44:01 +0000, old jon wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...

>>> Sorry, no I have no other suggestion. I both disabled, and enabled it
>>> and it works as it should. Does the popup have the checkbox to
>>> disable it in the future?

>> Nope, the exact dialog is:
>>
>> "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The
>> information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted
>> to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"
>>
>> I am given a Yes or No option.
>>

> I think the site chucks that message at you MP.

Well it's annoying whatever the source

You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure Steve Harris ASP .Net Security 8 10-14-2004 08:46 PM
:o( .... Client not redirected to login page. M O J O ASP .Net 5 09-27-2004 09:24 AM
You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure Steve Harris ASP .Net 6 09-23-2004 09:36 AM
Redirected folders Slammer MCSE 12 12-02-2003 10:31 PM
Re: How Do You Get Redirected Input? not your business Python 1 07-02-2003 09:32 PM

Advertisments