Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uninstalled Firewall before disabling all settings

Uninstalled Firewall before disabling all settings

Jeff G

I've effectively disabled my wireless internet connection (a D-Link USB
connector) on my 2nd computer. Without thinking before acting, I
uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro 4.5.530 so I could install another firewall.
But I forgot that it was set to prevent all internet communication
until it launched. And that is continuing now that Zone Alarm is
uninstalled.

The OS is Win XP Pro SP1. I only had one restore point because its been
a long time since I used my 2nd computer. I tried it and couldn't
successfully restore to this point.

Can someone tell me what to do to restore my network connectivity?

Thanks for your time.

Jeff G

Forget it. I tried the restore point again and it worked the second
time. All's good.

Jeff G wrote:
> I've effectively disabled my wireless internet connection (a D-Link USB
> connector) on my 2nd computer. Without thinking before acting, I
> uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro 4.5.530 so I could install another firewall.
> But I forgot that it was set to prevent all internet communication
> until it launched. And that is continuing now that Zone Alarm is
> uninstalled.
>
> The OS is Win XP Pro SP1. I only had one restore point because its been
> a long time since I used my 2nd computer. I tried it and couldn't
> successfully restore to this point.
>
> Can someone tell me what to do to restore my network connectivity?
>
> Thanks for your time.

Duane Arnold

Jeff G wrote:
> I've effectively disabled my wireless internet connection (a D-Link USB
> connector) on my 2nd computer. Without thinking before acting, I
> uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro 4.5.530 so I could install another firewall.
> But I forgot that it was set to prevent all internet communication
> until it launched. And that is continuing now that Zone Alarm is
> uninstalled.
>
> The OS is Win XP Pro SP1. I only had one restore point because its been
> a long time since I used my 2nd computer. I tried it and couldn't
> successfully restore to this point.
>
> Can someone tell me what to do to restore my network connectivity?

You tried going to the ZA site? I know at one point they had some kind
of documents on how to eradicate ZA off of the machine after an
uninstall. People in the FW NG(s) use to talk about that all of the time.

Duane