Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > add and remove control panel

add and remove control panel

Paul

I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to find
out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from correct. I
use some programs every day but the Panel report the last use on July last
year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
Paul

Hans

Paul!

Oh come on guys, what difference does that really make?......

Honestly!

Hans in Outer Mongolia

"Paul" <ninetyfive&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:lstGf.28940$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to find
> out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from correct. I
> use some programs every day but the Panel report the last use on July last
> year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
> Paul

clot

Paul wrote:
> I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to
> find out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from
> correct. I use some programs every day but the Panel report the last
> use on July last year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
> Paul

Found the same thing and learnt to ignore it!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Hans, please don't post in HTML to this text-only newsgroup. Thanks.

Hans wrote:

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Dwindows-1252">
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Paul!</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Oh come on guys, </FONT><FONT face=3DArial>what =
> difference=20
> does that really make?......</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Honestly!</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hans in Outer Mongolia</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>

<snip rest>

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Paul

It makes a difference if one wants to review whether or not to retain
applications based on usage.
Paul

"Hans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_BtGf.29007$(E-Mail Removed). ..
Paul!

Oh come on guys, what difference does that really make?......

Honestly!

Hans in Outer Mongolia

"Paul" <ninetyfive&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lstGf.28940$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to find
> out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from correct. I
> use some programs every day but the Panel report the last use on July last
> year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
> Paul

Paul

"clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2KtGf.56272$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul wrote:
>> I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to
>> find out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from
>> correct. I use some programs every day but the Panel report the last
>> use on July last year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
>> Paul

> Found the same thing and learnt to ignore it!

Pity though...as I said in reply to Hans above because it makes a difference

Paul wrote:
> "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2KtGf.56272$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Paul wrote:
>>> I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel
>>> to find out when I last used certain programs I find the date far
>>> from correct. I use some programs every day but the Panel report
>>> the last use on July last year. Is this normal behavior? What do I
>>> do about it? Paul

>> Found the same thing and learnt to ignore it!

> Pity though...as I said in reply to Hans above because it makes a
> difference if one wants to review whether or not to retain
> applications based on usage. Paul

Agreed. But don't you have a gut feel about your frequency of use of
programmes? I do!

Donald

Go to C: /program files /view / details an look at last modified

"Paul" <ninetyfive&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lstGf.28940$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to find
>out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from correct. I
>use some programs every day but the Panel report the last use on July last
>year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
> Paul

Evan Platt

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:41:19 -0500, "Paul"
<ninetyfive&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Pity though...as I said in reply to Hans above because it makes a difference
>if one wants to review whether or not to retain applications based on usage.
>Paul

Never trust anything from Microsoft. I have one application it shows
as uses 4 gigs.

Uhhh yeah. It's less than 10 megs.

Paul

Thanks - a good tip