Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Webcopier

Webcopier

Geoff

Is it possible to specify just one file to download from a website using
HTTrack web copier, if so, how?
I can see how to select all the jpgs or zips etc but I just want to grab
one! If HTTrack can't do it, is there one that can? Freeware if poss.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Geoff wrote:

> Is it possible to specify just one file to download from a website using
> HTTrack web copier, if so, how?
> I can see how to select all the jpgs or zips etc but I just want to grab
> one! If HTTrack can't do it, is there one that can? Freeware if poss.

Do you mind giving a link to the page and telling us what one file
you're trying to download? The answer may depend on how the site is
constructed.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Mitch

In article <dsdjb0$7ut$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com>, Geoff
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is it possible to specify just one file to download from a website using
> HTTrack web copier, if so, how?
> I can see how to select all the jpgs or zips etc but I just want to grab
> one! If HTTrack can't do it, is there one that can? Freeware if poss.

I don't know the program, but you must be specifying a URL to go to,
right? So why not give the URL for just that one file, instead of for
the entire site or a page?