Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: What's the hold-up?!

OT: What's the hold-up?!

Jtyc

> my worry is US public opinion. in the past it has swayed how the us
> approaches wars.. vietnam, it basically lost you that war and a lot of

Gi's
> lives because you had to be "nice" to the enemy and commanders who had a
> fixation about numbers.

We were not in Vietnam to topple a government and then rebuild it. This
time we are and we do have experience with that. You wouldn't realize it by
watching the news but progress is being made.

> also parralels can be drawn with the fact that the US army is still
> basically a combat army, not counter insurgency, not peace keeping, but
> combat mainly..

True of the major combat elements. But the US military does have other
components, MPs for example are trained for such a thing but there are not
enough of them. Same with special forces.

> sadly a lot more GI's and brits are going to die before they get a handle

on
> it.

Yes.

> Also the like of fux's reporting of it is less than helpful to the people

on
> the ground

I wouldn't know, I don't watch TV news. I only listen to the radio and read
articles from the Internet.

billyw

thing is previously bush was happy to let the us and i may british tax payer
foot the bill.
but that was before he realised that this wasn't going to be a wham bang
thank you ma'am sort of thing
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > not as big a pansy as bush going cap in hand to people that shafted him

> only
> > months ago

> It's either that or go cap in hand and ask the US taxpayer to futher put

the
> burdens of the world on their shoulders.
>
> Why they are not just using Iraqi oil to pay for this I do not understand.

Jtyc

> thing is previously bush was happy to let the us and i may british tax
payer
> foot the bill.
> but that was before he realised that this wasn't going to be a wham bang
> thank you ma'am sort of thing

Could be. I say let's just make Iraq a US/British holding. We can ship all
of our tech jobs there!

billyw

consistent so far, but i think he is having to face certain realities that
he hadn't factored in.
keep practising tho.. one day you will become a true imperial power.. dont
worry we'll be there to keep you right

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > what if bush looses the next election.

> I doubt that will happen. The Democrats have not put up anybody worth a
> squirt.
>
> > i think us foreign policy will change somewhat to a more dithering

> undecided
> > screw up..

> It would probably become very wishy washy I agree.
>
> > that apart i'm no fan of bush with regard to foreign policy

> I'm not a big fan of his in general but I think he's being fairly

consistent
> with his foriegn policy. At least compared to what we've had in the past.

billyw

why not we ship tech jobs everywhere else... can we keep the south tho.. i
dont like turkey much and wouldn't want to get too close to the place.
i was there on holiday in 1974 when they invaded cyprus, they weren't very
pleasant to brits then......

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > thing is previously bush was happy to let the us and i may british tax

> payer
> > foot the bill.
> > but that was before he realised that this wasn't going to be a wham bang
> > thank you ma'am sort of thing

> Could be. I say let's just make Iraq a US/British holding. We can ship

all
> of our tech jobs there!

Jtyc

> why not we ship tech jobs everywhere else... can we keep the south tho.. i
> dont like turkey much and wouldn't want to get too close to the place.
> i was there on holiday in 1974 when they invaded cyprus, they weren't very
> pleasant to brits then......

I've only been to Jordan. Not a bad place to visit.

Just think, I've pee'd on the same soil as Jesus!

billyw

nope he hasn't signed it away yet....

news:O5%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > dont
> > worry we'll be there to keep you right

> I doubt it. I thought your PM just signed away your sovereignty?

Congrats,
> you are now a province of the EU. Your France's bitch now!

billyw

do you think that would work as an opening line on chicks in alabama..
they might view it as holy and well those type usually like to give holy
stuff a bit of lip action

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > why not we ship tech jobs everywhere else... can we keep the south tho..

> > dont like turkey much and wouldn't want to get too close to the place.
> > i was there on holiday in 1974 when they invaded cyprus, they weren't

very
> > pleasant to brits then......

> I've only been to Jordan. Not a bad place to visit.
>

> Just think, I've pee'd on the same soil as Jesus!

Maestro

As much as I support Bush, why we're not using Iraqi oil
baffles me also.

Maestro

There is a strong possibility only if a Democrat wins next
November. Bush has said from day one that this is going
to be a long drawn out process, but the Dems are still
whining about an exit plan. I don't think we have enough
control over there to be worry about what conditions have
to be met to bring our troops home.