Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Textpad -word wrapping

Textpad -word wrapping

zulu

I use Textpad set to font size 48 to compose posts & emails..

Every time I start it, I have to hit CtrlQ then W to enable word wrapping.

I cannot find out how to make this the defaolt.

TIA

--
zulu Dell Dinension T700r, 512 MB RAM, running XP Pro, SP2.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

zulu wrote:
> I use Textpad set to font size 48 to compose posts & emails..
>
> Every time I start it, I have to hit CtrlQ then W to enable word wrapping.
>
> I cannot find out how to make this the defaolt.

If you mean Notepad, open up regedit, go to hkey_current_user, software,
Microsoft, open up the Notepad lines. Set the value in parenthesis to
"1" for fwrap REG_DWORD.

Modifying the registry is dangerous to the health of your computer. You
should make a back up or have someone used to doing this sort of thing
do it for you. Or both.

fred-bloggs

"zulu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:tZjGf.35833$(E-Mail Removed):

> I use Textpad set to font size 48 to compose posts & emails..
>
> Every time I start it, I have to hit CtrlQ then W to enable word
> wrapping.
>
> I cannot find out how to make this the defaolt.
>
> TIA

If you are saving the files as .txt you need to set Word-Wrap-Long-Lines
in the Text Document-Class (Configure-Preferences)

If you are using some other extension, you need to add a new Document
Class with Word Wrap and the font size selected.

For those that don't know TextPad
http://www.textpad.com/products/textpad/features.html

--
fred

Dave Keays

? wrote:
> zulu wrote:
>> I use Textpad set to font size 48 to compose posts & emails..
>>
>> Every time I start it, I have to hit CtrlQ then W to enable word
>> wrapping.
>>
>> I cannot find out how to make this the defaolt.

Like someone else pointed out, you need to set the options for the file type.
That way it all files of that extension (.TXT) will automatically come up with
the words wrapped.

> If you mean Notepad,

No, he's talking about some trial-ware from Helios. Very powerful. I like the
use of Reg Exp and external commands/progs.

[snip]

--

Dave Keays

zulu

"fred-bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43e9f33e$0$11621$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> "zulu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:tZjGf.35833$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I use Textpad set to font size 48 to compose posts & emails..
>>
>> Every time I start it, I have to hit CtrlQ then W to enable word
>> wrapping.
>>
>> I cannot find out how to make this the defaolt.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> If you are saving the files as .txt you need to set Word-Wrap-Long-Lines
> in the Text Document-Class (Configure-Preferences)

You are a STAR!!!
I have been trying to find that for sooooo long.
TY_V_M No more CtrlQ, W !!!
Hooray <g>

Now, if _only_ there was a way to change that <delered> awful font used in
*Preferences* (and *Properties* to something I can actually read.......

--
zulu Dell Dinension T700r, 512 MB RAM, running XP Pro, SP2.

zulu

news:43e9e51d$0$5337$(E-Mail Removed)...
> zulu wrote:
>> I use Textpad set to font size 48 to compose posts & emails..
>>
>> Every time I start it, I have to hit CtrlQ then W to enable word
>> wrapping.
>>
>> I cannot find out how to make this the defaolt.

> If you mean Notepad,
>>>snip>>>

Nope, *Textpad* , but thanks anyway!

--
zulu Dell Dinension T700r, 512 MB RAM, running XP Pro, SP2.

Do XMLSpy or TextPad remove/damage the BOM? Thomas Adams XML 0 02-12-2005 12:25 PM
question about compiling java with textpad Ryan Gaffuri Java 2 10-15-2004 05:48 PM
TextPad help KiwiBrian HTML 2 06-27-2004 08:15 AM
XML Syntax for TextPad PeterR XML 0 04-17-2004 09:38 PM
Textpad question Nig HTML 2 11-16-2003 02:19 PM

Advertisments