Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mac Emulator For PC

Mac Emulator For PC

Charlie

Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
order to use software written for the Mac?

Many thanks in advance.

John Jay Smith

yes... there is "pear pc" http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/
and an older program that vanished called "cherry os"

also there is a way to run a mac os in Vmware if you the find the disk image
on the internet somewhere.

Have in mind that you have to own a copy of the os in order to do this...
and is terribly slow....it crawls on a pc..

also there are older emulators that can run mac 8.0, again you will have to
look
around the P2P networks to find these

"Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ds7l4v$s72$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
> order to use software written for the Mac?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Mitch

In article <ds7l4v$s72$(E-Mail Removed)>, Charlie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
> order to use software written for the Mac?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
you might be able to use it under Darwin.

Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.

http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

Fred Nurke

Mitch wrote:
> In article <ds7l4v$s72$(E-Mail Removed)>, Charlie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
>> order to use software written for the Mac?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>

> If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
> you might be able to use it under Darwin.
>
> Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
> will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
> there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
>
> http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

I don't know if it is still made,but there was a product called
"Macdrive" which enabled conversion either way.It was also possible to
download a trial version for free.

Fred Nurke

Mitch wrote:
> In article <ds7l4v$s72$(E-Mail Removed)>, Charlie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
>> order to use software written for the Mac?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>

> If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
> you might be able to use it under Darwin.
>
> Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
> will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
> there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
>
> http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

Macdrive is still around-made by "Mediafour" and costs $59.95 retail or
$49.95 download version.

Fred Nurke

Fred Nurke wrote:
> Mitch wrote:
>> In article <ds7l4v$s72$(E-Mail Removed)>, Charlie
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a
>>> PC in order to use software written for the Mac?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance.
>>>

>> If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
>> you might be able to use it under Darwin.
>>
>> Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
>> will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
>> there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
>>
>> http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

> I don't know if it is still made,but there was a product called
> "Macdrive" which enabled conversion either way.It was also possible to
> download a trial version for free.

Just checked "Mediafour" website - its $59.95 retail or $49.95 download
version.

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Fred Nurke
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Mitch wrote:
> > In article <ds7l4v$s72$(E-Mail Removed)>, Charlie
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Does anybody know if it is possible to run Macintosh emulation on a PC in
> >> order to use software written for the Mac?
> >>
> >> Many thanks in advance.
> >>

> > If you are talking about modern Mac software (since 2001 or so), then
> > you might be able to use it under Darwin.
> >
> > Darwin is Apple's participation in open-source. I don't know what it
> > will allow you to do, but it gives a lot of options, and of course
> > there are many programmers that have built interesting projects for it.
> >
> > http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

> I don't know if it is still made,but there was a product called
> "Macdrive" which enabled conversion either way.It was also possible to
> download a trial version for free.

I thought MacDrive was just for reading Mac storage devices;
the OP wanted to run a program.

Some other tools a search turned up:
Emulators
Basilisk
Executor
vMac

pix emulator chackamakka Cisco 2 05-09-2007 04:12 PM
Where download NetSYS Emulator? Andrea Cisco 4 12-11-2004 04:14 AM
Copy satellite assemblies to Windows CE emulator John ASP .Net 0 11-09-2004 11:21 AM
Cisco IP Phone Simulator / Emulator ? Fox Cisco 4 05-04-2004 07:36 PM
Microsoft Mobile Emulator andreas ASP .Net 0 11-22-2003 01:30 PM

Advertisments