Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > firewall on no mail

firewall on no mail

Don

I have to turn off my personal firewall on norton to recieve e-mail on
outlook express 6.other programs also won't run.
xp
p4 1.8
Thanks in advance

Evan Platt

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:13:45 -0800, "Don" <me2me.com> wrote:

>I have to turn off my personal firewall on norton to recieve e-mail on
>outlook express 6.other programs also won't run.
>xp
>p4 1.8
>Thanks in advance

Do you have a question somewhere there?

Don

I know I haven't always had to do turn off my firewall to get e-mail.with me
messing around I pushed the wrong button somehow.
thanks Don
"Don" <me2me.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have to turn off my personal firewall on norton to recieve e-mail on
>outlook express 6.other programs also won't run.
> xp
> p4 1.8
> Thanks in advance

Evan Platt

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:47:19 -0800, "Don" <me2me.com> wrote:

>I know I haven't always had to do turn off my firewall to get e-mail.with me
>messing around I pushed the wrong button somehow.
>thanks Don

Ok, if you're responding to someone other than yourself, respond to
that person, not yourself.

I personally don't use Norton, it's bloatware. There's many other free
firewall solutions much more user friendly.

Kerio is one.

*x@y*

"Don" <me2me.com> wrote in message
>I have to turn off my personal firewall on norton to recieve e-mail on
> outlook express 6.other programs also won't run.
> xp
> p4 1.8
> Thanks in advance

Hi Don,

Try to turn off only the Mail scanning "Option"

If You turn the Firewall off, Your Computer will be not
protected. For what I read in NG's, Norton is not set, as yet
to scan E-mails, it is causing problems all over the Globe.

Good Luck, x@y