Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is Win 98 Software Compatible with Win XP?

Is Win 98 Software Compatible with Win XP?

GM

Hi,

I just came across some old games and other software that were written
for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
problems on Win XP? Thanks.

George M.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
GM spewed forth:
> Hi,
>
> I just came across some old games and other software that were written
> for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
> problems on Win XP? Thanks.
>
> George M.

For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the programs
in "compatibility mode".

GM

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:28:36 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>GM spewed forth:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just came across some old games and other software that were written
>> for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
>> problems on Win XP? Thanks.
>>
>> George M.

>For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the programs
>in "compatibility mode".

How do you access "compatibilty mode"? Thanks.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
GM spewed forth:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:28:36 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> GM spewed forth:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just came across some old games and other software that were
>>> written for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without
>>> any problems on Win XP? Thanks.
>>>
>>> George M.

>> For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the
>> programs in "compatibility mode".

> How do you access "compatibilty mode"? Thanks.

After you install the program, if it has problems running, find the
executable file, right-click on it, select "properties" and click the
Compatitbility tab.

GM

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:39:47 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>GM spewed forth:
>> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:28:36 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>>> GM spewed forth:

>>> For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the
>>> programs in "compatibility mode".

>> How do you access "compatibilty mode"? Thanks.

>After you install the program, if it has problems running, find the
>executable file, right-click on it, select "properties" and click the
>Compatitbility tab.

Thanks for your help!

Plato

GM wrote:

> I just came across some old games and other software that were written
> for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
> problems on Win XP? Thanks.

Some yes. Some no.

--
http://www.kissmyip.com/