Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook - Email Folders

Outlook - Email Folders

Jayne Beaumont

Hi,

my other half and I each have our own email folder within the main Inbox
folder in Outlook Express. However, on a couple of occasions I have found
that my folder (and all subfolders within it) has been deleted.

I suspect that my other half has done this in error as folders don't just
totally disappear on their own - he won't admit to it though!

Is there any way that I can protect any folders in Outlook so that it is not
so easy to delete them?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Many thanks.

JB.

Emrys Davies

"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OfoFf.264524$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Hi,
>
> my other half and I each have our own email folder within the main

Inbox
> folder in Outlook Express. However, on a couple of occasions I have

found
> that my folder (and all subfolders within it) has been deleted.
>
> I suspect that my other half has done this in error as folders don't

just
> totally disappear on their own - he won't admit to it though!
>
> Is there any way that I can protect any folders in Outlook so that it

is not
> so easy to delete them?
>
> Any help or advice is appreciated.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> JB.

Check in 'find files or folders' to establish whether or not your 'lost'
folder' is in fact lost.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Toolman Tim

In news:OfoFf.264524$(E-Mail Removed) .uk,
Jayne Beaumont spewed forth:
> Hi,
>
> my other half and I each have our own email folder within the main
> Inbox folder in Outlook Express. However, on a couple of occasions I
> have found that my folder (and all subfolders within it) has been
> deleted.
> I suspect that my other half has done this in error as folders don't
> just totally disappear on their own - he won't admit to it though!
>
> Is there any way that I can protect any folders in Outlook so that it
> is not so easy to delete them?
>
> Any help or advice is appreciated.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> JB.

Best way? Set up separate email addresses (most ISPs provide mulitple email
names for their accounts). Then set up OE to use "Identities".