Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer never opens maximized

Internet Explorer never opens maximized

jeff@msn.com.net

When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
maximized.

why is this happening?

p-nut

> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
> maximized.
>
> why is this happening?

Right click the shortcut and click properties.
Change Run from "normal" to "maximized".

Toolman Tim

In news:Tu9Ff.513533$(E-Mail Removed) m,
p-nut spewed forth:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
>> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
>> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
>> maximized.
>>
>> why is this happening?

> Right click the shortcut and click properties.
> Change Run from "normal" to "maximized".

If he's using the "default" icon on the desktop that Windows supplies,
"Properties" will give him the Internet settings properties box. He would
need to remove that icon, and put a "generic" icon on the desktop instead -
such as dragging the one from Quicklaunch. That one can be edited.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
> maximized.

Why would you want it to opened maximized? When you do, you can never
tell if a site opened a new window on top of the original one.

Users who use maximized windows are always complaining that their Back
button is greyed out, or broken. Another disadvantage to a maxed browser
window is your main menu goes away.

> why is this happening?

Press the F11 key; it toggles max/regular size.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

jeff@msn.com.net

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 22:01:23 GMT, "p-nut" <i_don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
>> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
>> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
>> maximized.
>>
>> why is this happening?

>Right click the shortcut and click properties.
>Change Run from "normal" to "maximized".

my last statement says I already tried that

jeff@msn.com.net

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 23:04:24 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
>> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
>> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
>> maximized.

>Why would you want it to opened maximized? When you do, you can never
>tell if a site opened a new window on top of the original one.
>
>Users who use maximized windows are always complaining that their Back
>button is greyed out, or broken. Another disadvantage to a maxed browser
>window is your main menu goes away.
>
>> why is this happening?

>Press the F11 key; it toggles max/regular size.

f11 changes between full screen.

i want my windows maximized and I can tell when something opens a new
window.

this only started recently, i've had the problem before but holding
ctrl and closing the window usually saves that positioning.

its not working now though...

Pete A

Try this:
Start>Run>Regedit
Locate this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows
Now modify the Maximized key to yes.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...