Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem installing norton anti virus 2006

problem installing norton anti virus 2006

barryh@home.now

I get an error message stating that MSI must be launched in SETUP

Any ideas. Thanks

Evan Platt

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:49:25 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I get an error message stating that MSI must be launched in SETUP
>
>Any ideas. Thanks

How are you launching the setup? What is the EXACT error? What
operating system?

sbb78247

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I get an error message stating that MSI must be launched in SETUP
>
> Any ideas. Thanks

title says enough

now **** off

Budweiser

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I get an error message stating that MSI must be launched in SETUP
>
> Any ideas. Thanks

go to the knowledge base on the norton site

direct is here--sorry for the long link,just couldnt be bothered to
shorten it
http://symantec.atgnow.com/consumer/....html&x=28&y=2

p-nut

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I get an error message stating that MSI must be launched in SETUP
>
> Any ideas. Thanks

It requires .NET framework.
Go to MS Updates or downloads (depending on your OS) and install it.

barryh@home.now

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 16:18:30 GMT, "p-nut" <i_don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I get an error message stating that MSI must be launched in SETUP
>>
>> Any ideas. Thanks

>It requires .NET framework.
>Go to MS Updates or downloads (depending on your OS) and install it.

There was a single old Norton text file still on the computer, after deleting
that the install went fine. Computers hey, can't live with em, can't take them
to Mexico on a homosexual holiday.<g>
Thanks for all the responses guys.