Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems using MS VPN after installing AT&T VPN

Problems using MS VPN after installing AT&T VPN

Nuno

Hi,

I'm having a real problem with AT&T VPN and Microsoft VPN software
running on the same machine (not at the same time). Here's how it goes,
I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

1. I use Microsoft's VPN client to connect to our Office. No problems
here.
2. I use also AT&T's VPN client to connect to a customer's network. No
problems here.

BUT

After I install AT&T software on my machine, I can't connect to my
office VPN anymore, the client hangs on the "Verifying user name and
password" window. If I uninstall AT&T, I can connect again.

I did think of installing/uninstalling as needed, but it's not a real
solution because each time it requires a reboot.

So, what have I tried up to now:
Installing the VPN client adds two things to my network connection
properties (in the "This connection uses the following items" box):
- AT&T VPN Client
- AT&T WiFi support (or something like that, it's currently in a
"uninstalled cycle", so I can't check it)

I edited the MS VPN connection and unchecked those items from the "This
connection uses the following items box", but nothing changes.

I also re-created the MS VPN connection with AT&T already installed on
my machine, but the results are the same.

BTW: OS is Windows XP SP2 (latest updates), AT&T software is 6.5.
something (updated it this morning, but I was having the problems
already with version 6.3)

TIA,
Nuno

Duane Arnold

Nuno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>...

> Hi,.

Hey. You're not allowed to stand in line here twice.

> I'm having a real problem with AT&T VPN and Microsoft VPN software
> running on the same machine (not at the same time).

You have spyware.

> Here's how it goes, I would really appreciate if someone could help
> me.

It's all connected.

> 1.

1?

> I use Microsoft's VPN client to connect to our Office.

Why do you use microsoft's vpn client to connect to your office, Nuno?

> No problems here.

No. Insurance, arsehole.

> 2.

2?

> I use also AT&T's VPN client to connect to a customer's network.

Why the **** do you use also at&t's vpn client to connect to a
customer's network?

> No problems here.

No, that's not true. You're still alive.

> BUT.

But why?

> After I install AT&T software on my machine, I can't connect to my
> office VPN anymore, the client hangs on the "Verifying user name and
> password" window.

I agree, in my judgement, you cannot connect to your office vpn anymore.

> If I uninstall AT&T, I can connect again.

Your signature separator is NOT Usenet Compliant!

> I did think of installing/uninstalling as needed, but it's not a real
> solution because each time it requires a reboot.

Why do you feed the troll?

> So, what have I tried up to now: Installing the VPN client adds two
> things to my network connection properties (in the "This connection
> uses the following items" box): - AT&T VPN Client - AT&T WiFi support
> (or something like that, it's currently in a "uninstalled cycle", so I
> can't check it).

I agree, in my judgement, you cannot check it).

> I edited the MS VPN connection and unchecked those items from the
> "This connection uses the following items box", but nothing changes.

Nothing much.

> I also re-created the MS VPN connection with AT&T already installed on
> my machine, but the results are the same.

You don't have to.

> BTW: OS is Windows XP SP2 (latest updates), AT&T software is 6.

I know nothing about computers, I'm afraid.

> 5.

5?

> something (updated it this morning, but I was having the problems
> already with version 6.

Why were you having the problems already with version 6?

> 3).

3?

Get ****ed in advance.

--
Duane

Nuno

Well, thanks for that. At least I could laugh for a while

Nuno

Just in case someone else runs into this problem and <sarcasm>can't
find the answer from the messages above</sarcasm> here's the solution:

AT&T ships a Firewall with the VPN client, you have to turn it off. It
must be installed, but does not need to be active for the AT&T client
to work.

Just run Program Files -> AT&T Global Network Client -> Firewall
Settings and select OFF.

Nuno