Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Exam Prep 70-210

Exam Prep 70-210

Waite, James

I take 70-210 on Thursday. This will be my first exam sine I took and
passed NT3.51 several years ago. I hadn't been worried but just in case
went through the Transceder practice exams with little trouble.

I've also tried a friends MeasureUp practice exam and have found the
question either fiendishly difficult or just plain silly examples below
silly first, then difficult.

Do I need to worry about these sorts of questions on the exam or does the
Transcender reflect better the actual questions? Any comments or thoughts
would be appreciated.

James Waite

You have a Windows 2000 Professional computer with an erratic mouse. The
arrow or I-beam will not stay where you place it on the screen. You have
removed the ball and cleaned the contacts and the ball. You have closed all
programs but he one you are using, including the virus checker. What should
you do next?

1.. Uninstall the mouse driver and install it again.
2.. Try this computers mouse on another computer.
3.. Run the virus checker to see if it has affected the mouse driver.
4.. Try another mouse on this computer.

According to MeasureUp ONLY number 1 is correct.

You want to initialize overview settings for your new Windows 2000
Professional computer's performance system Monitor. You will only monitor
the minimum network components as suggested by Microsoft for TCP/IP. What
counters should you include? [Choose all that apply.]

1.. Network Segment: % Net Utilization
2.. Network Interface\Output Queue Length
3.. Redirector\Network Errors/sec
4.. Network Interface\Packets/sec
5.. Network InterfaceBytes total/sec
6.. Server\Bytes Total/sec
7.. Redirector\Bytes Total/sec

Here numbers 1, 4, 5 and 6 (Who memorizes this?)