Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fort Agent question

Fort Agent question

MrMagoo

I'm using Fort Agent 31 & I would like to have one
idenity (fake for spammers) for news groups then a seperate one
forEmail (real for friends).
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Spuds

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:39:53 -0600, MrMagoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm using Fort Agent 31 & I would like to have one
> idenity (fake for spammers) for news groups then a seperate one
>forEmail (real for friends).
>Any help is appreciated
>Thanks

Download the just released Agent 3.2. Does exactly what you want.

Blinky the Shark

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:57:37 -0500, Spuds wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:39:53 -0600, MrMagoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I'm using Fort Agent 31 & I would like to have one
>> idenity (fake for spammers) for news groups then a seperate one
>>forEmail (real for friends).
>>Any help is appreciated
>>Thanks

> Download the just released Agent 3.2. Does exactly what you want.

I hope they put some thought into that -- when the first 3.x came out a
few months ago, it got a pretty chilly reception over in
news.software.readers, where the news client buffs and wizards hang out.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Spuds

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:36:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:57:37 -0500, Spuds wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:39:53 -0600, MrMagoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm using Fort Agent 31 & I would like to have one
>>> idenity (fake for spammers) for news groups then a seperate one
>>>forEmail (real for friends).
>>>Any help is appreciated
>>>Thanks

>> Download the just released Agent 3.2. Does exactly what you want.

>I hope they put some thought into that -- when the first 3.x came out a
>few months ago, it got a pretty chilly reception over in
>news.software.readers, where the news client buffs and wizards hang out.

There's a lot of damp panties on this release, given the initial impressions
in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.

3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm quite
happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas, multiple email servers,
two features users have been begging for forever.

why?

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:51:13 -0500, Spuds wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:36:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

>>> Download the just released Agent 3.2. Does exactly what you want.

>>I hope they put some thought into that -- when the first 3.x came out a
>>few months ago, it got a pretty chilly reception over in
>>news.software.readers, where the news client buffs and wizards hang out.

Jumping into 3.x release when it came out was like WP 5.1 DOS (excellent
app) to WP for Windows (horrible), a bad move.

>There's a lot of damp panties on this release, given the initial impressions
>in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.

Time for another look maybe.

>3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm quite
>happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas, multiple email servers,
>two features users have been begging for forever.

Dumped 3.0 right away, reverted back to v2.

Away to do a d/l.

Me

Blinky the Shark

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:51:13 -0500, Spuds wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:36:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:57:37 -0500, Spuds wrote:

>>> Download the just released Agent 3.2. Does exactly what you want.

>>I hope they put some thought into that -- when the first 3.x came out a
>>few months ago, it got a pretty chilly reception over in
>>news.software.readers, where the news client buffs and wizards hang out.

> There's a lot of damp panties on this release, given the initial
> impressions in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.
>
> 3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm quite
> happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas, multiple email
> servers, two features users have been begging for forever.

How many of those are available in Free Agent?

--

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:10:28 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:51:13 -0500, Spuds wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:36:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>I hope they put some thought into that -- when the first 3.x came out a
>>>few months ago, it got a pretty chilly reception over in
>>>news.software.readers, where the news client buffs and wizards hang out.

>Jumping into 3.x release when it came out was like WP 5.1 DOS (excellent
>app) to WP for Windows (horrible), a bad move.

It had a few issues, but Forte generally does a pretty good job beta testing.
The biggest problem that I noticed, were people's inability to grasp new
concepts. The "desk" paradigm had a lot of people bitching. As well, a few
things have been moved around, like the newsgroup listing.

>>There's a lot of damp panties on this release, given the initial impressions
>>in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.

>Time for another look maybe.
>
>>3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm quite
>>happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas, multiple email servers,
>>two features users have been begging for forever.

>Dumped 3.0 right away, reverted back to v2.
>
>Away to do a d/l.

Hope you like it. 2.0 was generally considered a ho-hum release.
3.x fixed a lot of complaints. Agent now handles incomplete binaries, a bug
which has been in every prior version. As well, you don't need a 3rd party
app to reconnect on a dropped connection.
If the concept of desks confuses you, check out the "Upgrading to Agent 3.2
From Previous Versions of Agent" help section.

Spuds

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:15:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:51:13 -0500, Spuds wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:36:58 -0800, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>I hope they put some thought into that -- when the first 3.x came out a
>>>few months ago, it got a pretty chilly reception over in
>>>news.software.readers, where the news client buffs and wizards hang out.

>> There's a lot of damp panties on this release, given the initial
>> impressions in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.
>>
>> 3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm quite
>> happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas, multiple email
>> servers, two features users have been begging for forever.

>How many of those are available in Free Agent?

Not sure. I've been a registered user since 1.93.

why?

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:55:09 -0500, Spuds wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:10:28 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
>wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:51:13 -0500, Spuds wrote:

>>Jumping into 3.x release when it came out was like WP 5.1 DOS (excellent
>>app) to WP for Windows (horrible), a bad move.

>It had a few issues, but Forte generally does a pretty good job beta testing.
>The biggest problem that I noticed, were people's inability to grasp new
>concepts. The "desk" paradigm had a lot of people bitching. As well, a few
>things have been moved around, like the newsgroup listing.

That's a thing or 2, just like my WP example.

>>>There's a lot of damp panties on this release, given the initial impressions
>>>in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.

>>Time for another look maybe.
>>
>>>3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm quite
>>>happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas, multiple email servers,
>>>two features users have been begging for forever.

>>Dumped 3.0 right away, reverted back to v2.
>>
>>Away to do a d/l.

>Hope you like it. 2.0 was generally considered a ho-hum release.

It may have been, but it was simple to u/g if you wanted the new feature
support. Even then the basic I/F remained the same for the several 1.x
through to v2 releases.

>3.x fixed a lot of complaints. Agent now handles incomplete binaries, a bug
>which has been in every prior version. As well, you don't need a 3rd party

Good to know.

One thing that does need checked , depending on the subject line of a
binary d/l , where the [xx/yy] parts marker was Agent joined 50/50 parts
for a files into a rar or left it as 50x50 bits that needed joined to
make the rar.

>app to reconnect on a dropped connection.
>If the concept of desks confuses you, check out the "Upgrading to Agent 3.2
>From Previous Versions of Agent" help section.

It was more of the 'leap' from the comfortable look and feel , oddly
enough I did start reading the u/g notes last night.

Thanks
Me

Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> 3.0 had a few glitches, but they were largely overcome in 3.1. I'm
>> quite happy with the new release myself. Multiple personas,
>> multiple email servers, two features users have been begging for
>> forever.

> How many of those are available in Free Agent?

Free Agent doesn't do mail or filter news. The faq page shows icons for
free vs agent http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php

ISTR there used to be a similar chart just about the features, but the
faq works. They A & FA are the same download and it works as Agent free
for 30d.

--
Mike Easter

Fort Worth, TX Ruby Job Fregas Ruby 0 11-02-2010 07:57 PM
Exciting User Experience (UX) Opening: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX David_Parkes ASP .Net 0 10-01-2008 05:01 PM
Ruby Beach group in Miami/Fort Lauderdale Martin Nemzow Ruby 2 06-21-2006 02:54 PM
Studying A+ -- Seeking mentor/guru in Fort Worth TX area Don A+ Certification 0 02-16-2005 07:57 AM
Fort Apache is it available on DVD? Rtavi DVD Video 1 11-21-2004 06:43 AM

Advertisments