Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Get NetBIOS name?

Get NetBIOS name?

Bill Deal

How do I find a system's NetBIOS name in Windows?

::Your Name Here::

Bill Deal wrote:
> How do I find a system's NetBIOS name in Windows?

Windows XP? Local computer?
If so, go to the command prompt and type "net user" without the quotes.
That will give you a list of user accounts on the computer, and it will
also list the netbios name in the first line.

You could also right click on My Computer and select Properties and then
select the Computer Name tab, but that wouldn't be as much fun...

why?

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:13:30 +1100, ::Your Name Here:: <"::Your Name
Here::"@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote:

>Bill Deal wrote:
>> How do I find a system's NetBIOS name in Windows?

>Windows XP? Local computer?
>If so, go to the command prompt and type "net user" without the quotes.
>That will give you a list of user accounts on the computer, and it will
>also list the netbios name in the first line.
>
>You could also right click on My Computer and select Properties and then
>select the Computer Name tab, but that wouldn't be as much fun...

More to add to your list, but also less fun

nbtstat -a IPaddress

net view

nbtstat -n

Me