Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Compaq Presario 900 Notebook no video

Compaq Presario 900 Notebook no video

Jim Conrad

I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
no signal.
Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?

Thank you in advance

JANA

In the notebooks, the video card is normally an intergral part of the mother
board. If you do not see any video during the post start-up, this may be a
mother board failure in general, or the video section itself. This is hard
to determine without doing the proper diagnostics.

If there is a fault on the mother board in a notebook and it is out of
warranty, the cost of servicing it may not be feasible.

--

JANA
_____

"Jim Conrad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
no signal.
Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?

Thank you in advance

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Jim Conrad spewed forth:
> I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
> Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
> no signal.
> Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?

Do you even know if the system is powering up correctly?

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Jim Conrad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
>Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
>no signal.
>Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?
>

>Thank you in advance

Pull the hard-drive, load it into another laptop, save to removable disk
what data you have to have.

Boot to safe mode. No lights on the monitor is a very bad sign. I've
never seen a PCMCIA video card for a laptop... Still haven't.

Your welcome, in retrospect.

NC
(In a word, Yes, then No, at this time.)

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Jim Conrad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
>Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
>no signal.
>Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?
>

>Thank you in advance

http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Video-Card.html
Yer in for a world of hurt when a video card goes bad in a laptop. In
laptops, most video cards are built irretrievably into the mainboard and
are not replaceable by the average person, or normally, ANY person.

ANYTHING that can plug into a computer talks, though. Sometimes
requires a translator to transfer information. Occasionally requires
a method of sight. Good luck.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER
(Good for multiple monitors via usb? Possibilities...)