Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shutdown Problems

Shutdown Problems

jfl

I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

SAS/GigN

jfl wrote:
> I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
> here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

Dude I would be glad to help you, but I dont understand what you are
saying.

Can re-word and give more infomation

ff7to20@hotmail.com

well im in a computer class so to start with, i need more information.
when u formatted did u use a bootleged xp cd. and if u did when u
installed it what did u do next. what was the second thing u installed.
were u online? need more information. and did u mess with the inside of
your computer? well give more information and ill try to help ok.

*THE JOKER*

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xp+computer+will+not+shut+down>

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

> well im in a computer class so to start with,

Please ask your instructor to replace your broken keyboard. It's missing
the CAPS and SHIFT keys along with the apostrophe and a spell checker.

"u" ?

Then have a read of this page:

-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Scraggy

SAS/GigN wrote:
> jfl wrote:
>> I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut
>> down. Is here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

> Dude I would be glad to help you, but I dont understand what you are
> saying.
>
> Can re-word and give more infomation

Classic PKB.
members. Groucho Marx

why?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:53:29 -0500, jfl wrote:

>I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
>here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

Learn how to use www.google.com and search for past posts
in 24HSHD.

There are many posts in 24HSHD with multiple links to sites about
shutdown issues.

Me

jfl

what happened was the computer crashed with the fatal blue screen coming up
and preventing a bootup. all attempts to fix this failed so I had to
reinstall the os Win xp Pro. I thought I remembered the shutdown problem in
the past but don't remember how it was fixed. The shutdown problem occurrs
intermittenly.

news:1wn9y6i8259x5$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> jfl wrote:
>
>> I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down.
>> Is here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xp+computer+will+not+shut+down>
>
> --
> -bts
> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

whosbest54

In article <yRKDf.5$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

>I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
>here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...ce824ca5b5ce62

Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311806

Windows XP Shutdown and Restart Troubleshooting
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php#powerdown

"Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

You May Not Be Able to Shut Down Your Windows XP Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320008

whosbest54

http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html