Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Using the find feature.

Using the find feature.

JJones

I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
Thank you.
Jerry

PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
return address.
jj

Blinky the Shark

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:29 +0000, JJones wrote:

> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
> return address.

<AOL>

which one

</AOL>

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Steve

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:29 GMT, JJones wrote:

> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
> Thank you.
> Jerry
>
> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
> return address.
> jj

I guess there's no point answering this as he can't be bothered to come
back and look
--
?wollof ot drah yllaer sdaerht sekam gnitsop-pot taht erawa uoy ereW

dadiOH

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:29 +0000, JJones wrote:
>
>> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
>> return address.

> <AOL>
>
> which one
>
> </AOL>

Oh, hell...just send him three messages removing a different zero each
time. Could have been worse, might have asked for a snail mail reply

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

gangle

"JJones" wrote
> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
> Thank you.
> Jerry
>

> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
> return address.

In case you actually look back here (tinh):
Where the hell did you get the idea you could expect an
email reply? Jesus H. Christ.

If you ARE reading this, it might work to: Go into device
manager and delete the A drive.
Reboot the computer, then try the Find again.

Tony

"JJones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5VEDf.8753$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
> Thank you.
> Jerry
>

> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
> return address.
> jj

If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the bottom of the
pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If you have it
set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only search your
C: drive, change it to (C.

JJones

In article <drnq9c$kei$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

>"JJones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:5VEDf.8753$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
>> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
>> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive

it
>> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the

c:
>> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
>> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
>> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
>> Thank you.
>> Jerry
>>

>> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
>> return address.
>> jj
>>

>If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the bottom of

the
>pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If you have

it
>set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only search

your
>C: drive, change it to (C.

Thanks for the response. I did bother to come back. I was hoping to find
a way to set the C:drive as the default rather than the A:drive
Jerry

Art Luttrell

JJones wrote:

> In article <drnq9c$kei$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> >

> >"JJones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:5VEDf.8753$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> >> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search

> always >> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk
> in the drive it
> >> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to

> reading the c:
> >> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to

> read >> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
> >> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
> >> Thank you.
> >> Jerry
> > >

> >> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of

> my >> return address.
> >> jj
> > >

> > If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the
> > bottom of

> the
> > pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If
> > you have

> it
> > set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only
> > search

> your
> > C: drive, change it to (C.

> Thanks for the response. I did bother to come back. I was hoping to
> find a way to set the C:drive as the default rather than the A:drive
> Jerry

set your bios to have the order that you want your computer to boot to.
Generally hitting you "delete" key when your computer boots up, that
should get you into the bios setup.

-Art- (not Art)

--
-Art- (not Art)

Steve

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:30:12 +0000 (UTC), Art Luttrell wrote:

> JJones wrote:
>
>> In article <drnq9c$kei$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> says...
>>>
>>>"JJones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:5VEDf.8753$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...

>> always >> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk
>> in the drive it

>> reading the c:

>> read >> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.

>> my >> return address.
>>> >

>>> If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the
>>> bottom of

>> the
>>> pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If
>>> you have

>> it
>>> set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only
>>> search

>> your
>>> C: drive, change it to (C.

>> Thanks for the response. I did bother to come back. I was hoping to
>> find a way to set the C:drive as the default rather than the A:drive
>> Jerry

> set your bios to have the order that you want your computer to boot to.
> Generally hitting you "delete" key when your computer boots up, that
> should get you into the bios setup.
>
> -Art- (not Art)

pmsl, did YOU READ the actual question?
--
?wollof ot drah yllaer sdaerht sekam gnitsop-pot taht erawa uoy ereW