Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unreasonable Reboots

Unreasonable Reboots

=?Utf-8?B?Z3Rw?=

What might be the causes of a notebook rebooting for apparently no reason?
Also, what might be the cause of various reboots failing (stopping) in the
early stages? Thanks.

Jeff

I've seen this problem caused by overheating in desktop PC's . Dust
accumulation in the case makes the PC run hot.

"gtp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What might be the causes of a notebook rebooting for apparently no reason?
> Also, what might be the cause of various reboots failing (stopping) in the
> early stages? Thanks.

mike

scanned for viruses recently?
typical behaviour of the bagel? worm when it has infected xp.

mike

"gtp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What might be the causes of a notebook rebooting for apparently no reason?
> Also, what might be the cause of various reboots failing (stopping) in the
> early stages? Thanks.

---

=?Utf-8?B?Z3Rw?=

Thanks to you both. Perhaps either. The notebook can get pretty hot around
the memory slots. Also, I formatted the areas and reinstalled XP and the
problem seemed to lessen (I check viruses regularly, but I don't think I ever
performed the direct virus removals (software patches or removal executions)
on this box). Hopefully, the formatted disks will continue for awhile (and
the heat isn't the problem). Thanks again.

"mike" wrote:

> scanned for viruses recently?
> typical behaviour of the bagel? worm when it has infected xp.
>
> mike
>
> "gtp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What might be the causes of a notebook rebooting for apparently no reason?
> > Also, what might be the cause of various reboots failing (stopping) in the
> > early stages? Thanks.

> ---

"The Unreasonable Effectiveness of C" by Damien Katz Lynn McGuire C Programming 40 01-20-2013 05:30 PM
ridicuously unreasonable Paul C++ 8 02-24-2011 05:40 PM
Unreasonable memory usage under linux with a simple loop ming_cuhk Python 4 01-02-2009 03:57 PM
Question about unreasonable slowness allenjo5@mail.northgrum.com Python 10 11-21-2006 08:22 PM
Warranty Issues - Am I being unreasonable?. EMB NZ Computing 23 08-17-2005 12:03 AM

Advertisments