Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Info on * System Ini * please

Info on * System Ini * please

andy

Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
(msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
delete offending culprit ?
If so how do I locate this file ?

Thanks for any help

p-nut

andy wrote:
> Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
> unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
> (msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
> Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
> delete offending culprit ?
> If so how do I locate this file ?
>
> Thanks for any help

Some of your drivers won't load without it.
What problem are you referring to?

Liza Smorgaborgsson

andy wrote:

Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
>unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
>(msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
>Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
>delete offending culprit ?
>If so how do I locate this file ?
>
>Thanks for any help

What would you do if so how do you locate this file?

Liza Smorgaborgsson

andy wrote:

Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
>unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
>(msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
>Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
>delete offending culprit ?
>If so how do I locate this file ?
>
>Thanks for any help

But what are the chances that so how do you locate this file?

Liza Smorgaborgsson

p-nut wrote:

andy wrote:

>Some of your drivers won't load without it.
>What problem are you referring to?

What about your own drivers won't load without it?

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
andy spewed forth:
> Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
> unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
> (msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
> Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
> delete offending culprit ?
> If so how do I locate this file ?
>
> Thanks for any help

It is better to isolate the problem to one specific issue, and edit the
System.ini file and correct it. Using msconfig.exe as a "fix-all" is not
what it is meant for.

Liza Smorgaborgsson

Toolman Tim wrote:

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>andy spewed forth:
>
>It is better to isolate the problem to one specific issue, and edit the
>System.ini file and correct it. Using msconfig.exe as a "fix-all" is not
>what it is meant for.

What do you think?

Elizavita Chirkova

Liza Smorgaborgsson wrote:

Toolman Tim wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>
>What do you think?

Oh, I think?

Elizavita Chirkova

Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

Liza Smorgaborgsson wrote:

>Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>Oh, I think?

Do you say you think for some special reason?

Elizavita Chirkova

Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

>Liza Smorgaborgsson wrote:
>
>Do you say you think for some special reason?

What are your feelings now?