Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Logitech or Labtec

Logitech or Labtec

Stickems.

I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold under
the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look the same.

Is there a difference and if it is the same product why do they sell it
under different names?

Toolman Tim

In news:cE8Df.16798$(E-Mail Removed),
Stickems. spewed forth:
> I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold
> under the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look
> the same.
>
> Is there a difference

Quite possibly.

> and if it is the same product why do they sell
> it under different names?

For the same reason most VCRs are all made by only one of a few companies.
And for the same reason the product which the company I work for
manufactures is sold with 3 or 4 name brands. And some of the accessories we
sell /with/ our products are made by someone else /for us/ with our name on
them. Same thing applies to CDR(RW) and DVDR(RW) blank discs. There's only a
few manufacturers, but a gazillion name brands out there.

Book End

"Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cE8Df.16798$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold under
> the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look the same.
>
> Is there a difference and if it is the same product why do they sell it
> under different names?

Logitech owns Labtec, they bought them out a few years ago.
I'd guess that any Labtec equipment produced before the takeover would have
just the Labtec label on it.
Anything produced since the takeover MAY have either/both name(s) on it.

Liza Smorgaborgsson

Stickems. wrote:

I see a Logitech product 967528-0120 (keyboard and mouse) being sold under
>the name Labtec with the same product code. The pictures look the same.
>
>Is there a difference and if it is the same product why do they sell it
>under different names?

I've told you before, I don't care about names -- please continue.