Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > email to hotmail.com

email to hotmail.com

Richard Curtis-Lewis

All my messages to friends using hotmail are being rejected. Server response
'533 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcphosts (#5.7.1)'.
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No. Server Error: 553. Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Can you tell me what this means and how I can rectify the problem. Thanks

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Richard Curtis-Lewis wrote:

> All my messages to friends using hotmail are being rejected. Server
> response '533 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcphosts
> (#5.7.1)'. Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No. Server Error: 553. Error
> Number: 0x800CCC79
>
> Can you tell me what this means and how I can rectify the problem.
> Thanks

Call your ISP. It is probably on a blacklist by Hotmail for excessive
spamming.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Psy

Your beeing taged as spam email have your friend add you to their list
and talk to there e-server.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Psy wrote:

> Your beeing taged as spam email have your friend add you to their list
> and talk to there e-server.

Usually the ISP that is *sending* the spam needs to take the first
action. The recipient service doesn't care. My ISP works this way.

BTW, if you're going to continue to use google groups, have a read of
this page:

http://safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Blinky the Shark

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:36:44 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Psy wrote:
>
>> Your beeing taged as spam email have your friend add you to their list
>> and talk to there e-server.

> Usually the ISP that is *sending* the spam needs to take the first action.
> The recipient service doesn't care. My ISP works this way.
>
> BTW, if you're going to continue to use google groups, have a read of this
> page:
>
> http://safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Or the one in my sig, if you'd like incentive for reading the one at
safalra.com.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Liza Smorgaborgsson

Richard Curtis-Lewis wrote:

>Call your ISP. It is probably on a blacklist by Hotmail for excessive
>spamming.

Really, my ISP?

Liza Smorgaborgsson

Psy wrote:

Your beeing taged as spam email have your friend add you to their list
>and talk to there e-server.

You're not really talking about me -- are you?

Liza Smorgaborgsson

Psy wrote:

>Usually the ISP that is *sending* the spam needs to take the first
>action. The recipient service doesn't care. My ISP works this way.
>
>BTW, if you're going to continue to use google groups, have a read of
>this page:
>
>http://safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

What do you know about me are going to continue to use google groups?