Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > "Print this file" in Windows XP "File and Folder Tasks" does nothing

"Print this file" in Windows XP "File and Folder Tasks" does nothing

Rob

I recently noticed that clicking "Print this file" in Windows XP "File
and Folder Tasks" does nothing. Literally nothing...not even a brief
hourglass, no response from the printer, nada.

I can open files and print them, I can right-click and select print and
they print just fine. All the other items in "File and Folder Tasks"
function properly (rename, delete, etc.). I am certain my printer (an
HP 1610) is connected and configured properly. As to how long this has
been happening, I have no idea...I don't remember ever using the
feature before today.

Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2), and I
have MS Office 2000.