Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run

Reply
Thread Tools

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run

 
 
BobF@nospamnomore.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2006

My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.

It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.

He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of MyComputer reports 504m,
not 512...

Could there be a memory failure?

Re deleted and reinstalled it...

His machine:

Win XP media edition
P4 3ghz
Intel board

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
samuel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):


"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"

> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't
> come up.


ever think about asking the question in the body of the message and
at a photoshop group ??

> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message,
> and quits.


the EXACT message will help

> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of
> MyComputer reports 504m, not 512...
>
> Could there be a memory failure?
>
> Re deleted and reinstalled it...
>
> His machine:
>
> Win XP media edition
> P4 3ghz
> Intel board
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
BobF@nospamnomore.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2006
On 29 Jan 2006 02:56:45 GMT, samuel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>news(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>
>"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"
>
>> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't
>> come up.

>
>ever think about asking the question in the body of the message and
>at a photoshop group ??


People at Photoshop groups aren't computer techs.

>> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message,
>> and quits.

>
>the EXACT message will help


Is not my machine, so I don't know the exact message... but it is a memory
thing.

>> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of
>> MyComputer reports 504m, not 512...
>>
>> Could there be a memory failure?
>>
>> Re deleted and reinstalled it...
>>
>> His machine:
>>
>> Win XP media edition
>> P4 3ghz
>> Intel board
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
samuel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On 29 Jan 2006 02:56:45 GMT, samuel <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>>news(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>
>>"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"
>>
>>> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it
>>> won't come up.

>>
>>ever think about asking the question in the body of the
>>message and at a photoshop group ??

>
> People at Photoshop groups aren't computer techs.


And everyone here is ??

>>> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such
>>> message, and quits.

>>
>>the EXACT message will help

>
> Is not my machine, so I don't know the exact message... but it
> is a memory thing.


his or the machines ?

did you ask at a XP group ?


>>> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of
>>> MyComputer reports 504m, not 512...
>>>
>>> Could there be a memory failure?
>>>
>>> Re deleted and reinstalled it...
>>>
>>> His machine:
>>>
>>> Win XP media edition
>>> P4 3ghz
>>> Intel board
>>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Walter Mautner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>
> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.
>
> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.
>

Maybe (crystal ball) the message states "virtual memory" AKA swapspace, or
you have to give a path to temp filespace, which is writeable by the user
and big enough.

> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of MyComputer reports
> 504m, not 512...
>

8 MB consumed by a low-end onboard graphic, most probably. Not much fun with
photoshop.

--
vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse detected penguin patterns
on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.
>
> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.


You need 1 gig ram for photoshop these days. If you doubt me, see the
photoshop experts here:
http://www.22pixels.com/

Post a message to the site owner, aka Switch.


--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
BobF@nospamnomore.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2006
On 29 Jan 2006 05:54:56 GMT, samuel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>news(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> On 29 Jan 2006 02:56:45 GMT, samuel <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>>>news(E-Mail Removed) :
>>>
>>>
>>>"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"
>>>
>>>> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it
>>>> won't come up.
>>>
>>>ever think about asking the question in the body of the
>>>message and at a photoshop group ??

>>
>> People at Photoshop groups aren't computer techs.

>
>And everyone here is ??


LOL! Of COURSE they are!! Aren't they?


>>>> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such
>>>> message, and quits.
>>>
>>>the EXACT message will help

>>
>> Is not my machine, so I don't know the exact message... but it
>> is a memory thing.

>
>his or the machines ?


Probably both... he is 62 and doesn't always say the right thing... he gets the
HD and ram confused...

>did you ask at a XP group ?


Nah, I was just curious why it would suddenly stop after 6 months... he's taking
it back to the store to get more ram.

Thanks anyway.


>>>> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of
>>>> MyComputer reports 504m, not 512...
>>>>
>>>> Could there be a memory failure?
>>>>
>>>> Re deleted and reinstalled it...
>>>>
>>>> His machine:
>>>>
>>>> Win XP media edition
>>>> P4 3ghz
>>>> Intel board
>>>>

>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
BobF@nospamnomore.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2006
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:14:56 +0100, Walter Mautner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>
>> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.
>>
>> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.
>>

>Maybe (crystal ball) the message states "virtual memory" AKA swapspace, or
>you have to give a path to temp filespace, which is writeable by the user
>and big enough.


It didn't say virtual, I know that... Weird thing is it ran for 6 months...

Oh well...

>> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of MyComputer reports
>> 504m, not 512...
>>

>8 MB consumed by a low-end onboard graphic, most probably. Not much fun with
>photoshop.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Liza Smorgaborgsson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2006
Plato wrote:

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>You need 1 gig ram for photoshop these days. If you doubt me, see the
>photoshop experts here:
>http://www.22pixels.com/
>
>Post a message to the site owner, aka Switch.
>
>
>


But what are the chances that me doubt you?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picasa / Adobe Bridge / Adobe Photoshop Album Starter ? sharjo23 Digital Photography 3 04-24-2006 06:52 PM
adobe photoshop 7.0 vs photoshop cs Fuzzy Logic Computer Support 3 12-24-2004 04:51 AM
OT - FYI Adobe Photoshop Elements II to Elements III Upgrade BobS Digital Photography 0 09-29-2004 02:35 PM



Advertisments