Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > How mush does MCSA or MCSE worth in job market?

Reply
Thread Tools

How mush does MCSA or MCSE worth in job market?

 
 
BB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2003
How much does MCSA and MCSE worth in job market? Or a Certified Public
Accountant worth more?
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. I have passed A+, Net+ and
i-Net+ and I am going for MCSA now. I think I should able to get it by Jan
2004. Currently, my job duties include Accounting and IT and I am the only
one in IT dept. I do all sorts of IT stuff for the company and I have been
working for this company almost 4 yrs. My current pay is like $35K annually
and I am discussing with my boss about promotion next year which I request
$38K annually. Do you think the amount I request is reasonable or below the
market price? I am located in Seattle, WA. I am also thinking whether I
should go for MCSE or CPA next year. I would like to get some nice
certifications in order to get myself into a position that can bargain for
better pay. What do you guys think?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dean S. Lautermilch© ²ºº³
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2003

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Try posting in alt.computer.consultants

- --
PGP Key ID: 0x0BB335A8
Fingerprint: 4FEA 661F CB96 383E 3A9F 6CEB 589D C58D 0BB3 35A8



"BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9DI6b.990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How much does MCSA and MCSE worth in job market? Or a Certified
> Public Accountant worth more?
> I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. I have passed A+, Net+
> and i-Net+ and I am going for MCSA now. I think I should able to
> get it by Jan 2004. Currently, my job duties include Accounting
> and IT and I am the only one in IT dept. I do all sorts of IT
> stuff for the company and I have been working for this company
> almost 4 yrs. My current pay is like $35K annually and I am
> discussing with my boss about promotion next year which I request
> $38K annually. Do you think the amount I request is reasonable or
> below the market price? I am located in Seattle, WA. I am also
> thinking whether I should go for MCSE or CPA next year. I would
> like to get some nice certifications in order to get myself into a
> position that can bargain for better pay. What do you guys think?
>


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 8.0.2

iQA/AwUBP1tYaFidxY0LszWoEQJqyQCfSdxAGsRrIfblhTJ63hotNJ/WU6oAn3wF
SDN1XC3jUeRtyX21KFB2Vwvg
=YmCK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Aibak
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2003
Hi-

Yes its a good idea to do some Microsoft certification and
then bargain AND in a years time u can reach 45k in US.
But with ur Finance background I would recommend to
better stick around with Financial Software such as People
Soft / SAP etc.. These jibs are more demanding and you
earn a living as a consultant ad earch somwhere around 50k
to 65 k - Rest is ur choice.


>-----Original Message-----
>How much does MCSA and MCSE worth in job market? Or a

Certified Public
>Accountant worth more?
>I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. I have passed

A+, Net+ and
>i-Net+ and I am going for MCSA now. I think I should

able to get it by Jan
>2004. Currently, my job duties include Accounting and IT

and I am the only
>one in IT dept. I do all sorts of IT stuff for the

company and I have been
>working for this company almost 4 yrs. My current pay is

like $35K annually
>and I am discussing with my boss about promotion next

year which I request
>$38K annually. Do you think the amount I request is

reasonable or below the
>market price? I am located in Seattle, WA. I am also

thinking whether I
>should go for MCSE or CPA next year. I would like to get

some nice
>certifications in order to get myself into a position

that can bargain for
>better pay. What do you guys think?
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Kendal Emery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2003
According to MCP Magazine's 2003 wage survey, an MCSE W2k in Seattle average
is 64,000.00 Don't know about CPA, but I would think it would be higher.

--
Kendal R. Emery, MCSE, Network+, A+, MCNGP #19
Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
remove me to email to me
"BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9DI6b.990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How much does MCSA and MCSE worth in job market? Or a Certified Public
> Accountant worth more?
> I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. I have passed A+, Net+ and
> i-Net+ and I am going for MCSA now. I think I should able to get it by

Jan
> 2004. Currently, my job duties include Accounting and IT and I am the

only
> one in IT dept. I do all sorts of IT stuff for the company and I have

been
> working for this company almost 4 yrs. My current pay is like $35K

annually
> and I am discussing with my boss about promotion next year which I request
> $38K annually. Do you think the amount I request is reasonable or below

the
> market price? I am located in Seattle, WA. I am also thinking whether I
> should go for MCSE or CPA next year. I would like to get some nice
> certifications in order to get myself into a position that can bargain for
> better pay. What do you guys think?
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2003
but the cpa is sooooooo boring

"Kendal Emery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> According to MCP Magazine's 2003 wage survey, an MCSE W2k in Seattle

average
> is 64,000.00 Don't know about CPA, but I would think it would be higher.
>
> --
> Kendal R. Emery, MCSE, Network+, A+, MCNGP #19
> Systems Administrator
> Coordinated Home Care
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove me to email to me
> "BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9DI6b.990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How much does MCSA and MCSE worth in job market? Or a Certified Public
> > Accountant worth more?
> > I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. I have passed A+, Net+ and
> > i-Net+ and I am going for MCSA now. I think I should able to get it by

> Jan
> > 2004. Currently, my job duties include Accounting and IT and I am the

> only
> > one in IT dept. I do all sorts of IT stuff for the company and I have

> been
> > working for this company almost 4 yrs. My current pay is like $35K

> annually
> > and I am discussing with my boss about promotion next year which I

request
> > $38K annually. Do you think the amount I request is reasonable or below

> the
> > market price? I am located in Seattle, WA. I am also thinking whether

I
> > should go for MCSE or CPA next year. I would like to get some nice
> > certifications in order to get myself into a position that can bargain

for
> > better pay. What do you guys think?
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003 also give you an MCSA in 2003? ffoeg MCSA 6 06-29-2006 07:54 AM
Job Search which is better MCSA/MCSE 2k OR MCSA/MCSE 2003 Sam MCSA 9 05-17-2005 05:20 PM
It's Friday and my mind has turned to mush! sneill@mxlogic.com Javascript 11 01-25-2005 08:31 PM
MCSE (No MCSA) - Windows 2000 does passing 70-292 give you MCSA inWindows 2003? Kent A MCSE 3 01-19-2004 07:37 AM
How much does a MCSA worth in job market? BB MCSA 2 09-08-2003 02:50 PM



Advertisments