Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Win XP Pro problem

Win XP Pro problem

Bay

Hi,

Occassionally I don't see any icons or shortcuts on my desktop after logged
on to my account in the morning when I get back to office. I will have to
reboot it over again in order to have the OS to load properly. I didn't use
romaing user profile. I am only using the local profile. Do you guys know
what causing the problem and how to fix the problem?

My next question is my co-worker's Dell PC is running so slow for some
reasons. I bought 3 identical computers from Dell in June and one of the
machines is having problem now. It runs slow on applications and somethings
IE not even responding. She doesn't have a lot of applications opening at
the same time. I scanned her hard drive and no virus was detected and she
didn't have spywares installed in her computer. I told her to run a disk
defratmentation. Do you guys know what goes wrong and how to fix this
problem?

Thanks

Billy

Andy Foster

"Bay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Chs6b.181619$(E-Mail Removed). net>...
> Hi,
>
> Occassionally I don't see any icons or shortcuts on my desktop after logged
> on to my account in the morning when I get back to office. I will have to
> reboot it over again in order to have the OS to load properly. I didn't use
> romaing user profile. I am only using the local profile. Do you guys know
> what causing the problem and how to fix the problem?

Do you work at Columbia Internet ?
I assume your office has an IT department. Have you asked them to fix it ?

> My next question is my co-worker's Dell PC is running so slow for some
> reasons. I bought 3 identical computers from Dell in June and one of the
> machines is having problem now. It runs slow on applications and somethings
> IE not even responding. She doesn't have a lot of applications opening at
> the same time. I scanned her hard drive and no virus was detected and she
> didn't have spywares installed in her computer. I told her to run a disk
> defratmentation. Do you guys know what goes wrong and how to fix this
> problem?

Are you using the latest virus definitions ?
What did perfmon/TaskManager say when you ran them ?
Does your office have an IT department ???

billyw

i do work for a company that has an IT department.
but for some reason they'd prefer to wait an hour till i come in rather than
phoning their IT dept.. (we are talking feet away).
so not all IT depts are what they seem.. mind you i just recon they want me
in because i'm cool