Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox trouble

Firefox trouble

Joe

Hello. I have Win XP sp2 and firefox 1.5. I have 2 problems with it:

1. Whenever I have a Firefox window open and open another one or I click
on a link that opens another window, the new window's buttons (Back,
forward, open new tab, etc.) are messed up. they have different Icons
and sometimes don't do anything when I click on them. The original
window's icons are still working. I use the original theme for Firefox.

2. The computer does this about every 20 days or just randomly:
All my extensions disappear. I had about 3 extensions, and suddenly they
were gone. I have to reinstall them every time that happens. My
bookmarks are still there, just the extensions.

any ideas?

Joe

--
Email: (E-Mail Removed)

Martik

news:ANeCf.2766$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello. I have Win XP sp2 and firefox 1.5. I have 2 problems with it:
>
> 1. Whenever I have a Firefox window open and open another one or I click
> on a link that opens another window, the new window's buttons (Back,
> forward, open new tab, etc.) are messed up. they have different Icons and
> sometimes don't do anything when I click on them. The original window's
> icons are still working. I use the original theme for Firefox.
>
> 2. The computer does this about every 20 days or just randomly:
> All my extensions disappear. I had about 3 extensions, and suddenly they
> were gone. I have to reinstall them every time that happens. My bookmarks
> are still there, just the extensions.
>
> any ideas?
> --
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)

I had similar instability issues and switched to Opera which handles tabs
'properly' and is much faster.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Del=A4+/Ctrl+=A4/Alt=A4+=29=22?=

Martik wrote:
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ANeCf.2766$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello. I have Win XP sp2 and firefox 1.5. I have 2 problems with it:
>>
>> 1. Whenever I have a Firefox window open and open another one or I click
>> on a link that opens another window, the new window's buttons (Back,
>> forward, open new tab, etc.) are messed up. they have different Icons and
>> sometimes don't do anything when I click on them. The original window's
>> icons are still working. I use the original theme for Firefox.
>>
>> 2. The computer does this about every 20 days or just randomly:
>> All my extensions disappear. I had about 3 extensions, and suddenly they
>> were gone. I have to reinstall them every time that happens. My bookmarks
>> are still there, just the extensions.
>>
>> any ideas?
>> --
>> Email: (E-Mail Removed)

> I had similar instability issues and switched to Opera which handles tabs
> 'properly' and is much faster.

Amen. Firefox is better as compared to Internet Explorer for safety and
security and a little better on speed, but Opera is just as good as
Firefox on security and completely blows the doors off Firefox
concerning speed. Just overall browsing goes a lot faster and smoother.
Opera was designed especially for Windows. Firefox, while a great
product, and I have it also as a backup, was developed for Linux or Unix
or one of those nix's. It just doesn't do as good on Windows as Opera
does, and that includes the MOOX builds of Firefox, not really any
faster than the regular Firefox.

Alt